Eighteen

Them New Cover Feels yo, Yes, Changed again because there are so many amazing covers. 

A strange rumbling woke me up again and I sat up, this time the rumbling wasn't Draven or Seamore, but my stomach. I tilted my head poking my tummy. 

I crossed my legs resting my head on my palm as I watched the moon light in the room, the reflections of the trees blowing in the wind making patterns on the bed sheet.

It reminded me of how the fish move in the water, the water rippling.

I wanted fish.

I looked at Draven that was sleeping,  hugging a pillow that was between and tilted my  head, can I go get fish.

"Draven?"

I huffed laying back down on my back and placed my hands on my stomach staring at the ceiling, my fingers tapping. When was it sun time? I wanted to eat.

I turned my head looking at Draven, who was still sleeping. When was he going to wake up?

I sighed turning on my side poking his shoulder. I poked his rougher cheek which felt like running your hands on a rock, it was rough but smooth. "Draven!" I whispered quietly, why was he still asleep?

His eyelashes were long reminding me off small coral at how thick they were fanned together. 

I frowned flicking his nose, the moonlight reflected on his clear skin and I could see one of his veins in his neck.

I was hungry, "Draven," 

Just eat him

I sat up grabbing the pillow and chucking it at him, "Draven!"

He bolted up his eyes dark as they met mine, "I'm hungry, can we eat fish?"

He barred his teeth at me before he growled grabbing the pillow off the edge and placing it in his position, running a hand over his face, his eyes his natural green now. 

"Thelea,"

"I'm hungry," I said throwing my legs over the edge and standing up holding the bed so I didn't wobble.

"Can we go hunt?"

"It's not safe to go outside now," 

I looked out the window, it was moon time, it wasn't that dark, "I'm hungry though," Draven got up stretching his hands over his head, his shirt lifting up. 

"There's food in the fridge," 

I followed him downstairs running my hand along the wall. I wonder if he had fish.

I sat on the seat as he poked his head into the fridge, "There's bread," A long packet came onto the counter and I poked at it, it was cold and brown inside. 

"Pasta,"

"Is there fish?" I asked leaning on the counter and trying to look into the fridge. 

"We can get some tomorrow,"

"So there's no fish?" but I felt like eating fish. I sat back in my chair resting my hand on my chin, maybe I could go and get some now. It would take me less than two minutes in the water for me to catch them! 

Yes! 

And Seamore would like to eat it as well. 

"I think I have tuna," Draven stuck his head into some shelf that popped out and I watched him. He pulled out some round cans and grabbed a plate taking "bread" out.

"What is that?" I asked poking the bread, it looked like dry sand smashed together, and felt like that as well.

"A sandwich,"

He opened the can placing weird chunks on the bread, "What are you doing?" I asked as he squished another slice on top.

"Try it," he said cutting it in half with something sharp. I picked it up, it felt wobbly but it wasn't as wobbly as  fish. I took a hesitant bite, it was a bit dry but the inside felt funny and cold. 

"You don't like it?"

I placed the sandwich down and opened it, "It's okay," I shrugged taking the "tuna" out and popping it in my mouth, "I like this better," 

"Tuna, it's fish," he pushed the rest of the can and gave me a 'fork,'. Wiping my hands on my dress I picked up the fork stabbing the fish, frowning when it didn't wriggle and try to get away.

"Do you have more?" I asked realising the can was empty, but the can was tiny! Draven placed a few more on the table and I smiled reaching over and grabbing them all. Fish!

"Do you want me to ope-oh never mind," he said as I clawed it open with my sharp nails. 

"Do  you want some?" I asked and he shook his head, "No thank you,"

I shrugged stabbing the chunky pieces with my fork. 

*

I placed my fork down frowning, "It's finished," I said looking at all the empty cans. It looked like a lot but there really wasn't much inside the cans.

I frowned, I wanted the pieces James gave me the other day, I sighed leaning on my arm watching as Draven threw them all in the bin.

"I'll bring some more tomorrow," 

But I wanted some now. I sighed, but I was sort of full and my siren was sort of calmer. 

"Okay let's sleep!" I jumped out from my seat rushing back to my comfortable spot. Would Seamore be angry that I didn't share my fish with him? But there weren't much there! 

Draven went straight to the bed flopping down and I raised an eyebrow and walked to Seamore.

"Seamore!" I said plucking him from his spot and carrying him over to my side of the bed. I placed him on the pillow and looked at the flashing bright light beside me.

What is that?

It read the number two and fourty three after wards. I leaned over touching it, it was sort of hot under my fingers and the number changed to two forty four.

Oh that's cool.

I lay on my back closing my eyes watching Seamore re-settle into his spot. I re-positioned my hair to keep me warmer but somehow it wasn't working like it used to. Was it because I was on land?

I turned around trying to get comfortable. It was cold, really cold. I sat up looking at the windows, but they were closed. I frowned laying back down and looked at Seamore who was under the pillow. Even Seamore was fast asleep.

I sat up again sighing and wriggled my toes. Maybe I can just turn into a Siren and sleep, yes that would be more comfortable!

But I needed to be in the water, my scales would dry up otherwise! Oh no!

I looked at Draven, he was under the blanket facing the other side. I stood up lifting up the blanket and climbed under, it did work! It kept me a bit warmer but it was still cold.

Stupid hair,  it didn't work when it needed to! I wriggled closer to Draven, the warmth emitting from him was much better than this stupid hair.

I hope he didn't mind.

I looked up, he was fast asleep and scooted closer smiling and closing my eyes as I felt his back against me.

Yes, much warmer. 

Because he has blood

Oh shut up. 

Not edited, don't complain, at least there's something.

In the external Link is an article about real mermaids found washed up on the coast of Hawaii and egypt. I just saw it while on Facebook so have a read and what do you think? Scarily real heh?