Chapter 40

Dedicated to meinfreundin. Hehe.

I have nothing much to say. So...

Here's the 40th chapter! Enjoy!

************************************

Chapter 40

Vince:

It has been almost two weeks since the second term started. Things were seemingly normal just like the first term, except for one thing: Liz is not here. She hasn’t enrolled this term. I’ve been trying to contact her, thinking that she was just there but…she’s not.

I tried to act as normal as I could in the most effective way I can. But no matter how hard I try to conceal what I truly feel, I always end up failing. I am not okay. And I know I am not. There’s no point in hiding it.

She said good-bye, and I think it’s final.

Dave was waiting for me at my locker as usual. But I can sense something different from him. I just don’t know what it is.

“What’s up?” I asked, trying to sound normal.

He handed me his video camera. “You won’t believe this, dude. Check it out.”

I took the camera from his hand and pressed the Play button.

The video shows Dave flirting with a female doctor in her mid-thirties. She kind of looks familiar to me. I just don’t remember when and where I saw her.

I gave Dave a look that tells ‘so what?’

“Just watch…and listen.” He answered.

So my eyes shifted back again to the video and started to listen to the conversation. In the video, Dave was leaning his head over the doctor’s face from behind while gently sliding his hands through the doctor’s arm. Through her ear, Dave whispered.

“Just answer my question and you’ll have me.” He said. Then he leaned closer so that his face were somewhat buried in her neck.

It was evident in the doctor’s reaction that she’s enthralled by Dave’s moves. And then she answered, “You know I am not supposed to do this but – “ Dave caressed her even more, enfeebling the doctor. “- fine. You’re right. Ms. Elaine Thompson is not ill. She paid me and my nurse to make you believe that she’s really mentally ill.”

Dave then looked at her. “Why did she do that?”

“I don’t know.” The doctor shrugged.

Dave stood up and was about to walk away but the doctor stopped him. “Wait.” The doctor said. “What about our deal? I answered your question.”

Dave gave his most mischievous smirk and said, “Sorry, I really don’t have a thing for older women. Thanks for the info by the way.” And then he left.

I looked at Dave, still oblivious of what was happening.

“You heard it, dude.” Dave said. “I really am suspicious of Elaine’s psychological state so I decided to figure out myself. I tricked her doctor and there – I am right.”

“You mean she’s not ill?”

“At all.”

I let out a sigh of disgust. “B-but why would she do that?”

“That’s the thing only she could answer.” Dave gestured to me. “Let’s go.”

Together, we went to find Elaine. I really cannot believe what I found out. All this time she was just lying? But what for?