Chapter 20

I am SO sorry for the late upload! I've been busy for the past few weeks because of some "college" stuffs.

First, thank you for the new fans. :P  and for those new readers who added my story in your library.

Second, i dedicate this chapter to AuthorRyder because i find her picture (cheeseburger) so amusing! haha! Go CHEESEBURGERS!

Uhm, I made a deal with myself that I will not upload chapter 21 unless I reach 100 fans. Is that okay with you guys? Because if not, I'll reconsider. :))

Anyway, hope you enjoy Chapter 20!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

Vince:

Elaine and I went to her favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. For the last three years, Dave and I celebrate her birthday with her since both of her parents got really busy with business. But this time, I noticed that it is only me and her.

“Where’s Dave?” I wondered, “Isn’t he coming to celebrate with us?”

She shook her head. “No, I did not invite him.”

“Why not? He might get a little…upset, you know.”

“I wanted to celebrate it with you…only you, Vince. I want to be alone with the most special person in my life on my most special day.” After saying that, she held my hands. “I guess there’s nothing wrong with that.”

The feeling of her hands unto mine made me feel…uneasy. I suddenly remembered that time when my hands where locked unto Liz’s. I felt comfortable and it seems like I wanted to do it for the rest of my life. But with Elaine, it’s different. I felt awkward.

“Right.” I said, pulling my hands away. “What do you want to eat?” I asked, changing the topic.

She smiled, forcefully. “The usual.”

We ordered her all-time favorite recipe: Italian seafood pasta and 32” pizza. While eating, we talked about things from our childhood – the first time we met, the times when Dave and I played Barbie dolls with her even though it’s against our will, the time in our 5th grade when I got into a fight because one of our classmates tried to make his move to Elaine, the time when I Dave and I dressed in ladies’ apparel just to make her laugh when her parents went abroad – everything. We had our good share of laughter while we were talking. Then suddenly, she stopped.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” I asked.

She slightly bowed down her head and played with her fork. “Don’t you like me Vince?”

Darn. I knew this would come up. “Why are you asking that?”

“We’ve been together for almost eternity and we shared a lot of memories. You always make me laugh, you’re always there for me and we know each other very well. Well, maybe I thought that…maybe we should be together.” she said without looking at me.

“I like you…very much.” After saying that, her face lit up and looked at me in amazement. “But not as you think. I like you as my friend and nothing more.”

“Then why did you tell Matt to stay away from me when he asked me to go out with him?”

“I was just protecting you. That guy is a player.”