Chapter 26

SEMBREAK HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED!

Sorry for not uploading..I've had my final exams last week.

And to warn you guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to upload as frequently as I used to because we will be having a concert on October 28 and I am the organizer so...hectic sched is on the way. But I hope you understand and will continue to support my stories.  :)

I dedicate this to bullylit. hehe one of my closest friends. She's new in wattpad. :D

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26

Liz:

I’m the only girl who wouldn’t fall for you.

Great Liz. You’re such a liar. The truth is…I think I am falling for him.

We have no classes today because all the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school was off to a four-day seminar out of town. And you know what that means? One whole week of break.

I woke up and was greeted by Grandma who was sitting at the dining room eating her breakfast.

“Good morning, Liz.” she greeted.

“Good morning Grandma.” I answered. Sitting beside her, I added. “Thanks for last night.”

Her forehead creased in confusion. “Last night?”

I nodded. “Yes, for asking Vince to take care of me.”

She just burst out laughing. And I became confused this time.

“Oh, Liz.” she said. “It wasn’t me. Actually, it was Mandy I asked to bring you the food but Vince insisted of doing it himself. He didn’t even have his dinner last night.”

“Really?”

She snorted. “Why? You can’t believe it?”

I nodded.

“Me either.” she said. “He must be really very mindful of you. Oh by the way, do you have something to do this morning?”

I shook my head. “No, nothing much.”

“Great. You think you could accompany me to the hospital? I’m having my check-up today.”

“Of course.”

After eating breakfast, I went upstairs and took a bath. It took me half an hour to prepare. I met with Grandma at the living room.

“Shall we go?” Grandma asked.

With a warm smile, I nodded.

We were about to leave when we saw Vince rushing himself downstairs.

Grandma asked him, “Vince, sweetie, would you like to come with us?”

Immediately, he stopped. Our eyes met for a second but I looked away. “Where?”

“I’m having my check-up. And we’ll head to the mall afterwards. It would be a great bonding for us. So, you coming?”

In my head, I am praying that he would say yes. But…some prayers are just not answered.

“Sorry, Grandma.” he said. “Dave and I have something to do.”

Grandma raised an eyebrow as if telling Vince to cancel whatever plans he has with Dave.

“This is important Grandma.” And then, he rushed to the dining room.