Chapter 25

I can't help but to upload! hehe

Final exams week coming up! So this chapter is a compensation for a whole week of no wattpad...starting tomorrow. Final exams will start tomorrow! Wish me luck guys! I love being college. *roll eyes*

Well, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25

Liz:

What is it that Vince wanted to tell me? Sigh. I should’ve known it if Elaine didn’t came and wrapped herself around Vince. Now I am dying – dying to know what that is. I should’ve asked him…but I ran away. Why did I run away? I am not really sure. It’s just that I felt a twinge in my chest when I saw Elaine kiss him on the cheek. I don’t know; it wasn’t as if he is mine but…that’s what came into my mind right at that point – that Vince is mine.

I shook my head. Erase. Maybe I really am falling in love with him but…no; I am really sure it could lead me to nowhere but pain…again.

All the students were gathered at the auditorium this morning for a ‘special’ announcement. I sat beside Justin who is busy playing with my hair. And, yes, it is irritating. Dave and Vince were sitting beside each other few rows in front of us.

Vince took a glance at us over his shoulder and our eyes met. For a minute, we look at each other. And then he managed to force a smile – a weak smile. Even though he smiled, I can see something in his eyes. What was that? Pain?

It is when Justin wrapped an arm around my shoulders that he looked away.  What is wrong with you Vince?

People wearing fashionable clothes went up the stage. Following them are Elaine and the student body officers. The student body president took a step into the podium and grabbed the microphone.

“Good morning students.” he said.

All the students answered in unison.

He nodded. “Thank you. Here with us today are the editorial staffs of one of the most prominent fashion magazine in the country and some famous photographers, fashion designers and stylists. Last Saturday, during our annual school party, they have walked around and searched for new models for their new fashion folio. And today, I will be announcing the winners. Once your name was called, please come here on stage and you will be leaving for the photo shoot.”

Majority of the students screamed in excitement. First, because of the thought of being a model; second, because they’ll have no classes.

“Miss Thompson?” he said to Elaine and she handed him a list. “Here, I have here in my hands the official list of the new models. Let’s see. Who’s the first to be called?”

He held the list closer to his face and his eyes widened in surprise. “Me?!” he said. “Why me? I’m not into this!”  He protested.

Martin, the captain of the football team who protested first when they announced about the model search, stood up and said: “Rules are rules, pres. Ha-ha! I told you, you should’ve rejected that search in the first place.” He laughed so hard. “Talk about karma.” And then he sat down.

The president, looking as calm and collected as always, answered: “Karma? I’ll show you what karma is.” He cleared a throat. “Next winner: Martin McQueen.” And he smiled devilishly.

“What?!” said Martin. “Me?”

“Yes. So, will you please come up here on stage?” he commended and Martin followed.