Chapter 28

FINALLY! 

First, I would like to tell you how I miss you guys! I've been gone for almost two weeks, I guess? But I'm back! I'm so totally BAAAAAAAACK! hehe :)  All the time I spent preparing for final exams really paid off (take note: "Preparing" not "Studying" haha). I got really really high grades! I'm so happy!!! *million claps*

Second, the concert that we've been organizing and preparing was also a blast! *another million claps* A lot of people are there and I met a lot of cool people too! The only not so good thing there was...I lost my voice the next day. hehe But it was fun!

Third, I dedicate this chapter to Anyone_24-7 for voting and liking almost each and every chapter of the story. Thank you!

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! *fingers crossed* I really hope it is worth the wait. :)

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Vince:

My name is Vincent Coax. I love music, myself, and my best friend, Dave. Eight years ago, my parents separated and remarried someone else and had a family on their own. That left me in the care of my Grandma – a very influential and powerful woman that nobody dared to oppose except me. I love her. A few months ago, the girl I’ve always liked since I was a kid confessed her feelings for me but I rejected her. Why? Because I am afraid – afraid to fall in love, afraid to get hurt, afraid that the same thing that happened to my parents will also happen to me.

Elizabeth Van Hossen – the name of the girl I met on school who transferred from England. She was the girl who first called me Jerk, who first hit me and who first stepped on my ego big time. I don’t like her then, yet I asked her to be my girlfriend, or at least to pretend to be my girlfriend.  I did that because my father arranged an engagement for me and a girl I never knew – which turned out to be her. Now, she’s my fiancée and we live together under the same roof.

Again, my name is Vincent Coax. I never knew love at all and I’m afraid to know it. I met a girl who kissed all of my fears of knowing love and falling in love. Her name is Elizabeth Van Hossen. She’s my fiancée but we’re not in love. I love her – I’m madly in love with her – but, she’s the only girl I knew who would never fall for me.

Now, there’s only one thing I am afraid of: losing her.

*****

“What’s up, dude?” Dave asked as he tapped my back. “Reminiscing what happened on Liz’s birthday?” He let out a teaseful laugh and I just let out a sigh. “What?” he asked again. “That night was fun, wasn’t it?”

“Yea.” That’s all I could say.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and examined my face. “You are not sick, are you?”

I shook my head.

“But you look pale.”

I was slightly shocked. “I do?”

He nodded. “Well, a bit.”

I rested my head above my desk and tried to sleep for a bit. Good thing our professor for this subject is out on a sick leave.

“Is there anything wrong, dude?” Dave asked again.

I sat up. “I’m just…thinking.”

“About what?”