Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Vince:

Door knock.

What the?

Door knock again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Filled with irritation, I was forced to get up."Alright! Alright! What is it?"

It’s our maid. "Uhm, Sir Vince, breakfast is ready."

"Yea right. Tell my breakfast I'm not ready to eat."

"But--"

Another voice spoke, it's Grandma's."You don't want me to force you to come down, do you?"

I stood up, opened the door and saw Grandma and the maid standing. "Good morning honey." said Grandma. "It's Monday. Prepare yourself and get ready for school, okay?"

"I'm not a baby anymore Grandma."

"Then prove it." They both went downstairs.

I really hate Mondays. It was like, everything I do are all forced - I'm forced to get up, to take a bath this early, to attend classes and listen to the boring lectures of the more boring professors. Neither ways, I have no choice. So, I did everything in my forced to-do list.

I arrived at school a bit early today. I went straight to my locker where Dave would probably be waiting for me - and I'm not mistaken. He's there, talking with Elaine. Elaine? What is she doing there? What is it this time? I walked straight towards them and gave neither of them a chance to speak.

"What are you doing here Elaine?" I said, with a little raise in my voice.

"Vince! Dude!" Dave hugged me, as he would always do. "Well, Elaine's been waiting for you. She had something to tell you."

I looked at her. After the dinner at our house, she hasn't talked to me. What could it be now?

"Uhm Vince, I just want to tell you I have a date with Kevin this Saturday at the park and--"

"And why are you telling me this? IT's not that you're asking permission from me, aren't you?"

"No. I just thought maybe you could come and let's have a double date."

My eyes widened."What? You know I haven't dated anyone except you. You don't expect me to bring Dave as my date don't you?"

There was a sudden spark in her eyes and she gave a grin."I'll see you on Saturday. And please, bring a girl." The tone in her voice was something that says 'i-know-you-won't-bring-any-girl-because-you-want-me' kind of stuff. I don't know.

She left, turned and smiled then continued walking away.

Dave stepped towards me, put an arm around my shoulder and said, "Do you believe in my playboy instinct, dude?"

Dave is undeniably an expert when it comes to women. He knows what to say at the right time, he can make a girl say yes in an instant. He's such a playboy, and he admits it. Knowing him, I answered, "Yeah. Why?"

"Well, it seems like she's trying to make you jealous. If you don't show up, she may think you are. And if you do come, without a girl with you, she might think that you really like her. If you bring a girl with you - no, no, no. I don't think any girl would stand her sarcastic smiles and I-am-way-better-than-you attitude. I am pretty sure about it dude."

He seems so confident. And he has a point. That's what I think too. "What should I do man?"

"Hmm, I have things in mind but I think it's the best thing to do." He stopped and gave a devilish grin.