Chapter 24

I was supposed to upload yesterday but...something happened so....SORRY for the late upload!

Final Exams are coming up next week so i might be a little bit delayed in uploading chapter 25, though it is already finished.

And BTW, i've finished writing Til I Found You's draft! YAY! There'll be a lot MORE to expect! HAHA!

Lastly, i dedicate this chapter to danaeloy because she's just an awesome mom! She reminded me of my mom who, despite the age, has a wattpad account just to support me. :)  

Enjoy reading this chap! (And, yes, this is a LOONG upload!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Liz:

Today is Saturday and yes, the party’s going to be a few hours away. I woke up earlier than my usual ‘weekend’ wake up call. As I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw is a beautiful gown worn over a mannequin.

I stood up and immediately went to check out the gown. It was more beautiful up close. No, it was perfect – from the design, to the fabric, to the hemming – everything up to the smallest detail.

I smiled because I realized it was my Mom’s work – one especially made for me. So I went into her room carrying with me the dress she made for me – without the mannequin, of course. And as I reached her room, I saw her packing her things up.

She must’ve been aware of someone’s presence that she took a glance and saw me. “Oh, honey. You’re awake. It’s still early.” she said, without looking at me.

I remained in my place, standing beside the door and asked, “Uhm, Mom…what are you doing?”

“Packing up.”

I sighed. “Yea, I know. It’s obvious. I mean, why?”

“There’s an emergency at the office, honey.” Mom said, still focused on her packing.

“Oh, you mean the boutique?” I asked. She nodded in response. “So, when are you leaving? Tomorrow?”

“No. I’m leaving as soon as I finish this.” She zipped her bag and stood up. “There. I’m leaving, honey.”

I was surprised that I unintentionally dropped the dress on the floor. “What?! As in now?”

Mom stepped towards me and picked up the dress. “Careful, honey. It might get dirty.” She handed me the dress and continued speaking. “I’m sorry, Liz, but I really need to go.”

I suddenly became sad. I mean, I expected to spend at least a week with my Mom but…she’s already leaving. “Uhm, I could at least take you to the airport. Wait for me; I’ll just take a bath.”

I was about to leave her room and go to the bathroom but she grabbed my arm and stopped me. “There’s no need, honey. I’ll be fine.”

“But Mom—“

I was about to protest but I heard a car honking outside. “It must be Sebastian.” said Mom as she immediately grabbed her things. “I’ll miss you, honey. Enjoy the party. And, oh, don’t forget to send me the pictures.” And then she kissed me on the forehead.

As she was about to leave the room, something made her stop and turn back to me. “Oh, and by the way, I already phoned some of my stylist friends to do your hair and make-up. I gave the instructions to Sebastian and he’ll pick them up. So, wait for them here. They’ll be probably here after lunch.” She smiled and bid her good-bye.