Chapter 4-Part 4

I ran after Charlie down the beach.

The sun was setting and everything seemed so surreal to me.

"Hey lets sit for awhile." I called out to her.

Laughing she spun around and faced me.

"What's wrong Aribella, out of gas all ready?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and then flashed her a smirk.

"Never!"

We played tag for a bit longer, until I really did run out of steam.

I let my body sink into the sand.  This is the life, I thought as I gazed up at the amber hued sky.  I rolled onto my side and propped myself up onto my elbow.

"Where have you been Charlie?  Like.. OK so you're real...so where have you been."  I reached out and lightly pinched her side, which earned me a pinch back.

"Ouch!  Well that felt real." I said with a giggle.

Charlie appeared to be sleeping but I knew she was just faking.  I started to tickle her until she begged me to stop.

"Common woman, I'm serious.  Tell me where you've been?"

My mouth turned into a instant pouty frown.  It was a pout that no one could resist.  Well.. maybe the Alpha but he didn't count.

She just smiled at me.  "Is it that important Aribella, that you know where I've been?  I think you're asking me the wrong question."  Her face took on a hint of seriousness, as she looked at me.

I fumbled my thoughts.  Suddenly things seemed to be jumbled in my mind.  I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to fight off the feeling of nausea.  

When I opened them next, I was laying on the moss covered forrest floor.  I immediately sprang to my feet.

I've been here before. This is where I had met Charlie.  I turned in a small circle, my breathing had become labored.  I was feeling anxious and afraid.

"Well, well the Princess has woke."

My head jerked to my left and there was Charlie.

Grinning at me.

"Don't call me Princess. I screeched.  You know I don't like that shit."  

She shook her head and smirked at me.  It was then that I remembered.  

I didn't like Charlie so much.  Why had I been so elated to see her?  Even though I could not remember every detail from our previous encounter.

I had a sudden feeling of dislike wash over me.  My eyes bulged when a flash of a huge beast streaked across my memory.

I took a step to the right.  Away from her.

"So.  You remember then?  Its written all over your face Princess.  Now  ask me again.  

Only this time ask me the proper questions and you just may get an answer."

"Don't call me Princess. I muttered."  

"Where are you from Charlie and what exactly are you.  Did you find me just to hurt me?"  I gulped. Was this some weird ass situation where a beast hunts down and kills an innocent she wolf?

I mean...it couldn't be right?  Today.. we had fun together.

Today I definitely felt like we were friends.

Her laughter took me by surprise.

"Hurt you?  I could ya know. That's not what I really want to do but I will, if you piss me off."  She started clapping her small hands together rapidly.  

"Yay, for you.  That you asked me the right questions. I am a Lycan Aribella.  This enables me to switch into a tall intimidating beast."

"So you're not a wolf?"

"I am yes.  Just new and improved.  Look, Princess I don't understand it all myself. I know that my kind have powers.  We can shift whenever we want too.  We can turn into other people or even objects."

"Objects?"  I questioned her.  

That would mean that they could be anywhere.  The thought scared me.

"We cant turn into a damn iPhone Aribella.  I think I said that wrong.  We can shift into shit like, grass trees, the earth.  Does that make any sense to you?"  

Of course it didn't make sense to me!  Now I was even more afraid of her.

"Can you turn into water?"  

She looked at me as if I had asked the most stupid question of all time.

 "NO! Dammit! I already told you..."

In a flash of annoyance I waved her off.

"So where do you come from?  I mean where do you live?"  I looked at her.  She sighed.

"We live in the (Between.)  We have our own world, right here in your would.  I...did something I was not suppose to and I crossed over to the Now.  In your terms that means World."

F**k!

"This is confusing me!  So you're a wolf but better?  And you live here but you don't?  What else can you do? I mean can you read minds?  You shape shift and all of that."

Charlie giggled.  "No, we cant read minds but we are very perceptive to feelings and energy. Like now, you're scared and annoyed all at the same time.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Fine. So let me ask you this.  Do us normal wolves know about you?  Or are ya'll some kind of secret society."

"Yes.  But we do have secrets and yes we do intermingle with Wolves such as yourself.  I told you its complicated.  She crossed her arms across her chest.

Giving off the appearance that she was trying to fold into herself.  Now, the reason why I'm here is for you."

I gasped.  "For me?"

"Soon, I'll tell you."

I didn't want to hear that crap.  I waned to know now.  As in right freaking now!