Chapter 1-Part 6

Allen was driving incredibly slow.

I noticed that he kept giving me side long glances.

What was up with this guy?  The way he looked at me made me feel uncomfortable.

 Like I was under a microscope or something.

"Ahem."  

He cleared his throat and looked at me again.

I pretended not to hear him and instead started to play a game on my phone.  

"Uh Aribella?  Can I talk to you for a minute?"  He asked me.

I reluctantly ended my game and slid my phone into my purse.  

Turning to look at him I said in a not so friendly way

"About what?"

His huge Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he gulped.

I sighed loudly.  "Well...talk then."

"The Festival is in a few weeks, as you know.  

Would you like to be my date?

I know that you will be the prettiest she wolf there."  He smiled at me.

My eyes narrowed into slits as I turned my head and looked at him full on.

Sure he was a nice looking male.  But there was something about  this guy that rubbed me the wrong way.

His short chestnut colored hair was neatly trimmed and his deep chocolate eyes were lovely. I mentally traced the outline of his (had to of been broken at some point nose).

It all added to his character, as did the small scar on his cleft chin.

If I were like most of the other females in the Pack. I might be blushing and swooning that the fearless Allen asked me out.  

Too bad I wasn't like most other females.

Allen had a mean streak.

 He was a modern day bully and that made him unattractive to me.

"I'm sorry Allen."  I said in what I hoped was a sincere voice.

"I have a date already, but thank you for asking."

 His eyes went darker and he gripped the steering wheel tighter.  

"With who."  

I was taken aback at his tone.

Why did he sound so pissed?

 Its not like he had any problems getting a female.

"Reid. Why?"

"REID!"  His jaw started to twitch. 

"You would be dating him wouldn't you."  He turned to me and sneered.  

I edged closer to the door, my hand instinctively clutched the handle.

I guess he noticed the look of fear on my face because within a moment,

his face softened and he smiled at me.

I saw though it.  It wasn't a happy smile.

 It was more of an (I want to slap you, but I cant smile).

Relief, is what I felt when I saw that we were on Olive's street.  How was I going to get out of this? Reid hadn't asked me to the Festival.  I just hoped that he would.

Now if he didn't ask me I would be stuck going alone.  

Mr. Creepo over there would surely have something smart to say about that.

I twisted my body and leaned backwards, grabbing my over night bag off the back seat.

When I felt hot hands on my stomach  I jumped.

"I didn't know you had your belly button pierced."

I looked at him and attempted to move his big paw off of my mind section.  

"Its sexy."  He said as he fingered the small dangling charm.

Against, my mothers wishes I had gotten it pierced the week before school ended.  Even she didn't know I had went thought with it.  

No one did.. well now Allen knew.

Awesome.

"Could you stop touching it please."  I said as I tugged my shirt down.

He said nothing as he leaned over me.

His arm brushed against my breast.  Was that done deliberately?  I didn't have time to think about it as I felt him shoving me slightly.

He had pushed open the door and was now nudging me out of his car.

 I didn't need to be told twice!  I slid out quickly and slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Uh.. thanks for the ride."  I rolled my eyes.

"No problem Aribella."  He smirked at me, as he pulled the door closed and sped off.

What a freaking perv!