Chapter 2-Part 6

"Aribella.. wake up honey."

I heard my moms voice but it sounded so far off.  

Slowly I opened my eyes and groaned.  My hand went to my cheek automatically. No I hadn't forgotten what had happened.

"He hit me mom." I said as I struggled to sit up.

"Here take this."  She held out a ice pack to me.

I took it and placed it on my now throbbing cheek.

"I cant deal with him any more."

"Honey listen, you'rejust upset.

You'll feel better after you get some rest."

I sighed and asked her what time it was.

 Who knows how long I had been knocked out.

"It's just after 2am." She answered.

As if she read my mind she told me that I had only been out for a few minutes.

"Mom what are you gonna do about him?

 Like he just cant go around hitting people.  I don't care if hes Alpha or not."  I yelled.

"Shhh.. keep your voice down Ari."

"Why?  Whats he going to do next. Kill me?"

"Aribella!"

"Oh cut the crap mom."  I said as I flung my legs over the bed.

"You're more his slave then you are his wife."

"Some Luna you are huh?  Letting the Alpha who happens to be your husband go around and abuse people."

"Ari that's not fair."  She said as she glared at me.

"Well life's not fair mom."  I couldn't keep the sarcasm out of my voice if I tried. 

"You know what Aribella. I agree with your Father.  You are a selfish know it all pup!  Surely if he hadn't slapped you. I would have."

"For what ever reason you think its okay to walk around and hurt people.  Saying what ever you want to say, when you so choose."

"Just like with Olive."

I looked down.  She had never spoken to me in that tone of voice before.

"You hurt her!

Just like you have done to the Alpha and now me."

"What was going though that pretty little head of yours when you insinuated that her mother was..for lack of a better word a  "Tramp."

"Funny, you never considered how that would make Olive feel."

"For her mother to call me and tell me about tonight events.. wow Aribella.  You have no idea what kind of old wounds you have opened."

"You don't want to abide by our rules?  I hope you like this bedroom.  Its all that you will see for the next two weeks.

You will not come out of it!  All of your meals will be brought to you.  I took your phone and I see that your laptop.. never mind.  Do you understand me Aribella?"

I felt like shit now.  

I knew that I deserved to be punished but for two weeks?

"Mom.. can I just say that I'm sorry.. you know apologize to Olive and her Mother?"

She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Your father and I?  I see we dont make the list."

"But mom.  I am sorry and if you just give me a chance, I'll make this right."

"Not this time Aribella."

She left the room quietly.

I crawled back into my bed.  I didn't want to apologize to the Alpha.  He hit me.  I really didn't want to apologize to my Mother either.

How come no one was offering me any apologies.  I'll show them.  I wiped my eyes and got out of the bed.

Opening my closet I found a big  duffel bag

My other one was still at Olive's house.  I went to my dresser and stared pulling out underwear, socks and bras.  I also crammed in a few pairs of jeans and a couple tee's.  Next I went into the bathroom and snagged my tooth blush and other items.

Zipping up my bag, I glanced at the window.

I was on the second story but I could make it down right...?