Chapter 1-Part 2

I waited until my mom left the room, before I ripped the dress off of me.  

I would look like a fool if I wore that dress and I'm certain she knew it.  

Was this some sort of punishment? Had my parents found out about my crush on Beta Dylan's son Reid? 

I slapped my forehead out of frustration.

How could they know?

It was impossible wasn't it?

Needing some re assurance I decided to call my best friend Olivia.  She always knew what to say to make me feel better.

 I picked up my phone and scrolled down until I saw the small icon,

that was her contact picture.

As, usual I giggled before I tapped the picture of Olive Oil.

See, Olivia was skinny.. and tall.  She reminded me of a updated fashionable Olive Oil from the old Popeye cartoons.

This is why I've always called her Olive.  Shes been my best friend forever, or what seemed like forever anyway.

"OLIVE!  I screamed into the phone. 

I need some serious help here,  I really think my parents know about my thing for Reid!"  I rushed all of the words out in one breath.

"Geesh Ari chill out."  

"Like how would they know?

Have you said anything about him lately or...

"No.  I said as I cut her off.  

Why the hell would I tell them THAT?"

I lowered my voice to a whisper.

"You don't just say to your Alpha Father, hey dad guess what.. I totally made out with the Beta's son and, loved every second of it.

"Well duh Ari."  She said sarcastically.

"I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

What brought on this sudden paranoia anyway?"

I explained to her the dress situation.  In between her laughing and asking for a picture of me in it, which I refused by the way!

She told me that I was over reacting.

"So you really think my mom just has horrible taste in fashion?"

I asked as I flopped down onto the bed.

"Ari I'm sure Luna Gray thinks its pretty.  No mother would buy something that was so ugly for such a important night.  

Especially not someone that was head of the pack."

"I guess.. Olive.

It just seems weird to me.

Everything has turned to crap.

I cant leave, my whole life is full of  "Cant's".  I complained.

"Awww get over it!"  She laughed.

'What if I came over and we had a complete vent, and stuffed our faces with pizza and do make overs on each other tonight?"  Olive suggested.

"That would be friggin amazing!

Security's tight around here so let me see if I can find my dad.

I'll text you soon."

I ended the call with a smile on my face.  All, I had to do was get the Alpha's permission.  In all honestly I was sick of asking for things.

I wanted to just do what the hell I wanted.  

In a few months Id be eighteen.  I was tired of being seen as the Alpha's and Luna's pup.  I am a grown She Wolf and I demand respect.

I sighed as I opened my bedroom door.

The speech always sounded great in my head but I knew damn well I could  never approach my Father like that.  

In this case I just wanted him to say yes.