Chapter 4-Part 2

"Hello.. Ari!  Are you even listening to me?"  Olive asked.

I wasn't listening at all.  My mind had taken me back to that glorious day.  I sighed bitterly.

"Just tell your damn story already!"

Her mouth tweaked into a strange sort of grimace.

I lifted my head and started at her straight on.

"So after you told me you kissed him.. I was hurt but only I didn't know why.  It was so weird Ari, after school let out and I wasn't seeing him..I started to hurt.  Physically.

Something.. was pulling me to him and I didn't know what.  I wanted to talk to you about it, I swear to the Moon Goddess I did.

Olive covered her face with her arms and wept.  Her thin body shook with each sob and I felt like shit.

What kind of friend am I?  I was ashamed of myself.  Silently I got up and joined her on the bed. Draping my arm across her shoulders in a loving way.

"I'm so sorry."  I whispered.

"Ari.. She cried harder.

 I love him so much." 

"Tell me the rest."  I urged her as I pulled her against me.

She sniffled.  

"Well a week after school was out I went to the Lake.  I needed to think.  I waited for him to call me and he didn't.  So, one day I just went to the Lake.  I was laying on a blanket reading when I heard something.  It was Reid he was there and its as if my wolf went crazy.

He was talking pictures of the water and the woods.  Next thing I know he was taking pictures of me. I remember feeling so.. free.

I wasn't shy or anything.  I just smiled for him and posed.  When he came and sat down next to me.. I knew.  Right then and there.  My heart felt as if it was being twisted.  I looked at him and it was as if I could see his wolf.

He marked me that day."

She got quiet so I nudged her.

"Did you do it?"  I asked.

She nodded.

"It was the best day of my life Ari.  He laid me down onto my back and he kissed every inch of my body.  It was nothing like I had ever experienced before."

I was so eager for details!  Did it hurt?

How long did it last?  What does it feel like?

To my disappointment she became tight lipped.  All she did was smile and day dream.

"Olive?  I kinda thought when we finally.. you know.. that we'd give details."  I pouted.

 "Don't be a perv Ari.  When it happens to you.. you will know all that there is to know."

"See that's the thing Olive.

I need to know now!"

We giggled and she ended up telling me almost all of the pervy details.  I was in awe.

"What about the turn?  When you took on your wolf form did it hurt?"

There was so many things that I wanted to know.

"Does your mom know?  I mean (Know)."

She turned to me and smiled.  Of course she knows.  I have his scent now Ari.  You, just cant smell it because your still mostly human.  When you change.. the whole world will look anew."

I didn't want to have to change just to see the world the way she did. I felt suddenly horribly young and inexperienced.

She's suppose to help me I thought.  Although I understood her need for privacy I desperately wanted to dig deeper.

"Ari?"

"Huh?"

"I really think that you should talk to the Luna about all of this.  I'm sure she's willing and she can answer any questions that you might have."

Talk to my Mother?  About sex?

"No way Olive that's just.. I struggled for a adequate word.  

Gross."

Out of curiosity I asked her if she talked to her Mother.

Again I was shocked when she nodded yes.

"Before Reid and I even slept together I spoke to her.  She wasn't upset or anything Ari.  She totally understood and even agreed that he was my true Mate.

See its different Ari.  This wasn't me just wanting to experiment with sex with one of the guys.  This is me being in love and.. being fortunate enough to find my soul mate.

My mom was so shocked!  She's happy with the Moon Goddess's decision.

My Dad gave us his blessing also."

"Wait, your dad knows?"

She laughed again.  "Ari please talk to your mom.  There's so much that you don't understand.  I'm not saying this to seem like I don't want to tell you.  I'm just not an expert and I am still learning."

"I guess."  I muttered.

"Are we okay now?  I've missed my best friend so much."

I hugged her tightly.  "Yes we're Ok, and I've missed you too Olive Oil."