Chapter 2-Part 5

"Thank's Allen."   I said as we pulled up in front of my house.

"Are you OK Aribella?"  He asked.

I smiled faintly and nodded.

"I could walk you to your door."   He said.

"No thanks, I'll be fine." I bounced out of the car and started to make my way to the front door.

He honked his horn in farewell, after he saw that I had made it safely onto the porch.

I unlocked the door and quietly slipped inside.  I held onto the banister as I leaned down to take off the horrible high heels.

"Long night Ari?"

I jumped, which caused me to stumble forward awkwardly.

Since I had only removed one shoe.

"Mom!"

"You scared me half to death.  What are you doing awake?"

"I'll ask the questions around here pup."

I watched as she carefully walked around me and  climbed  the stairs.

"Come."  She said over her shoulder.

I quickly slid off my other high heel. Gripping them I followed behind her.  She stopped at my bedroom door.

"Go in."

I walked into my room and tossed the shoes by the door.  I could tell that she was angry with me.  I just need to find out how angry..  I sat on my bed and waited for her to speak.

"You know Aribella this routine is getting old."

She paced back and forth, making her sheer black robe wave slightly.

"Routine,"  I asked?

"Yes, look I really don't know what's gotten into you lately," she sighed.

"Where were you tonight huh?"

"Mother you know I was at Olive's and..

She didn't let me finish.

"Liar!"

"But mom."  I stuttered.

She suddenly went  still.  Her eyes were pinned to my door way.

"Michael." She said in a soft tone.

"What's going on here?"  He asked with a roar.

I sat in horror as my Mother told the Alpha all of tonight's events and I do mean all.  How did she know?

The bonfire.. the fight I had with Olive.  She knew about it. Worse yet now the Alpha knew.

"Leave us Luna Gray."

My Mother turned and left the room silently.  Damn why was she always so obedient?  Didn't that ever get boring to her?

I held in my sigh.  

"Aribella."

"Look at me pup."

I looked up and met his furious stare.

"I cannot go out on business now?  I get called back home because a certain teenager is once again casing problems."

He walked over to my small white desk and picked up my laptop.

"This."  He said as he held it over his head.  Is a privilege.

Before I could protest he slammed it down onto the floor and then stomped it.  I wanted to cry as I watched it be crunched into a thousand ragged pieces.

"Alpha...please."

"Please what Aribella?

Please let you continue to get away with this childish rebellion?"

I started to comment but as usual I was cut off.

Why is it that no one ever listens to me?  Not my parents, not my best friend.  No one.

"As I was saying. I do not have time for this pup.  I have a Pack to protect.  You are aware that rouges are on the loose.  The world we live in is not a safe place."

"Beta Harper called me."

Shit.  Not the Beta.

He tapped his head.  Giving me a reminder of his ability.

Of course they had the whole mind link thing going on.  How could I have forgotten that?

I sighed inwardly.  

"I don't posses that certain skill."  I accidentally mumbled out loud.

"I forbade you to leave and yet you somehow were able to bypass the Luna and get your own way. Not only did you go against what I had asked of you, you got into a fight.

Tell me daughter what would have happened if she had injured you, or worse?"

"Give me your cell phone."

"My cell phone?"

"Aribella!"  He let out a low growl.

This was it.  I refused to let him boss me around any longer.

I knew what he was trying to do.  He wanted to make me a prisoner. No phone, no laptop equaled imprisonment.  At least it meant that to me.

"No."

"No?"

"Yes."  I said bravely.  

The answer is no.

He walked over to the edge of the bed and stood directly in front of me. 

I heard him emit a great growl, just before I felt his hand connect with my face.

Everything went black after that.