Chapter 5-Part 4

A week had gone by and I barely had left my new room.  This was my mo.  Everyone expected me to just fall in line and I refuse to let that happen.  It's bad enough that somehow the Luna could hear my thoughts.

My interactions with everyone had been brief and to the point.  I missed home.  I actually started to miss my dad.  That in itself shocked the hell out me.  It was all because of him that I am here.

He did this to me.  He may as well have banished me.  These people were not friendly at all.  Especially Luna Blake.  Not only was she scary, but super bitchy as well.  I felt like all she did was snap at me when she did visit my room, to drop of trays of food.  Even the food sucked.  it all sucked.

Where was this supposed mate of mine huh?  I hadn't seen him.  I guess this is no fairy tale, I grimly thought.  Well, I've had just about enough of sulking and hiding.  Everyone wanted to know who I was and why I was the way I was.  Could I not just exist and be myself.  I had no definition and come hell or high water I was determined to not have one.

Annoyed, I jumped off the bed and peeped out the window.  It looked nice outside.  Why was I always looking out of a window?  Why was it that I was never truly out there living my life.  Maybe Charlie was right.  I was nothing more than a Princess that was locked up in a tower.  Always speculating and never joining.

That ends now.

I carefully picked out a super cute outfit and braided my hair into a adorable style.  I was ready to go.  Pushing a stray long strand of blonde hair behind my ear, I stood and stared at my reflection.  "Oh yeah baby."  I said with a laugh.

The tight tiny blue crop top matched my eyes perfectly.  The Low rise skin tight jeans showed off my slender figure and apple bottom.  I was ready for whatever.

I grabbed my small bag and left my room, My eyes scanning the hallway.  Mmm no guard?  The coast was clear.  It took me a mere minute to bound down the steps and dash out the front door.  It was so quiet here.  I hadn't really been able to get a good look at the land.  I knew that most of the Lights Grove pack, was on my home territory.  I missed Haven Wood.  I wondered what everyone was up to.

Cautiously I skirted around small trees.  Feeling like a fugitive.  A excited one at that.  My heart was pounding.  I love this feeling.  The adrenaline the risk and the not knowing.  It wasn't long before I relaxed and I admit, let my guard down.  I stopped looking for people and started to see what the land had to offer.

I wondered about for some time.  Bored.  I was contemplating on what to do when I spotted a small grove off to the side.  The worn little pathway looked invited.  Even the tree's seemed to wave to me.  Beckoning me to explore. "Ugh."  I huffed.  I really missed my phone.  They made sure to take away anything that even resembled fun.  Just like my dad did to me before.  Maybe all of them were the same.

I followed the thin path. My feet kicking at small stones.  Something shiny caught my attention and I bent over to pick it up.  A bullet?  Why would a bullet me here.  It was big and long.  Silver and shiny.  I let it roll in the palm of my hand.  It had some weight to it.

"Why are you out here?"

Startled I almost dropped my new trinket.

"Because I am. What's it to you?"  I tossed back.

"Aribella...they told me about you and how you act.  I thought everyone was exaggerating, but I see now that they were right."

"Right?"  I snorted.  "Right about what huh?"

"That you are a bratty bitch."  He sneered.

"I'm sorry did you just call me a bitch?'  My foot stomped the ground.  This guy had no idea who he was messing with.

"I did.  You are." He turned and started to walk away from me.

"Hey!"  I Yelled loudly.

"You don't get to be rude to me and just walk away."  I don't know who you think you are but I am Aribella Gray! You have no right to even think to disrespect me!  I was in a rage.  

I was reminded of the heavy bullet I held tightly in my hand.  I was squeezing it so tight, that the point of it actually hurt my hand.  I threw it. My aim spot on.

I felt great satisfaction when it connected with the back of his head. Making a dull thud sound.  I laughed.  "Now you have a reason to call me a bitch."  Smiling I turned to leave.

"Did you really just throw that at me?"  He growled.

"Did you really insult me asshole?"  I started him down.

He was all in my face.  A bit to close for my comfort but there was nothing I could do.  I took a few steps back, keeping the sarcastic smile on my face.

"I am Landon Blake.  It's so great to meet the mate that I don't want.  Even more awesome that she is such a pain in my ass."  He voice dropped low.

I watched as he gingerly touched the back of his head.  His narrowed eyes were fixed on mine.  "Listen I don't care how cute you are.  Pull that shit again Aribella and you will pay."  He said flatly.

So this was him?  This was my betrothed. I hated him already.  I wouldn't do it.  I would not go along with everyone's plan.  If its a fight he wanted, I'd give it to him.

"Yeah well.  That's what you get. You think I actually care about what you think? Because I don't.  You are just a over grown pup, living in your Daddy's shadow." I spat vehemently.

Landon gave me a blank look.  He bent over and picked up the bullet.  Walking towards me he held it between his fingers.  Was he going to beam it at me?  My eyes fluttered shut in anticipation.  But it did not happen.  When I opened my eyes he was gone and I had somehow stepped back so far that I was leaning against a tree.

I let out a nervous breath.  He hated me.  I hated him and I HATED.  This place!  I would leave.  I did not see it as running away.  I saw it as escaping and looking for a new home.  A place that I could be myself in and be left alone.

I heard the rain before I felt it.  "Perfect!"  I yelled out angrily. I stood still for a few moments, letting the fat droplets slide down over my head.  Angry tears slide down my face but this time, no one was there to see them.

My feet started to move.  The brisk walking turned into a full on run.  Whisps of my hair had come out of the  braid and was slapping against my cheek.  Leaving little stinging sensations.  Still I did not stop.  I'd run.  I'd run through the rain until I was so far away that no-one would ever find me.