Chapter 4-Part 3

I was genuinely happy for Olive.

Our conversation had left me feeling refreshed.  A huge weight was now off of my shoulders.  I had my friend back and that was all that mattered to me.  I knew that it would be a bit of an adjustment for me to see her and Reid together. I would manage.  Or so I hoped.

I got off my bed and peeked out of my window again.  I could see the new Pack members doing various activities.  I shook  my head in frustration.

Just what we needed more wolves.

I giggled as I watched a pup no more then three chase after Mr. Mittens.  Poor Tabby cat had to of been on his 15th life.  

Closing the curtain slowly, I debated on what to do next.

I was pretty sure that the Alpha was pissed at me.

I wouldn't doubt if everyone was mad at me.  Even the soft spoken Luna seemed upset earlier.  I couldn't take just sitting in my room all day.

I left my room and made my way downstairs.  The noise level was absurd.  Laughter and banter could be heard throughout the whole first level.

It was easy for me to go unnoticed and walk right out the front door.  The kitchen was the epicenter of our home.  Most everyone entered through the side door.  At least they use to.  All external doors had been monitored closely since the news of rouges hit us.

Still.  It was nice to be outside.

I spotted the same pup that I had seen earlier.  He was half under the porch calling "Here kitty kitty!" Mr. Mittens was not a novice when it came to children.  Nothing would make that fat cat come out of hiding.  Unless of course you cracked up a can of soft friskies.

I giggled to myself and kept walking.  It wasn't long before I was at the tree line.  I decided against taking the narrow walk way and instead walked in the other direction.

I just wanted some space.  I had brought a book with me and I wanted to read in peace. My long legs carried me past Mr. Hinkley's land and closer to Magic Lake.  It was quite a long walk but for some reason I needed to be there.

I was not the kind of person to follow the rules. Grounding aside. What teen wanted to be confined to their bedroom?  My parents were already pissed at me. So.. what's the difference.

The trees soon broke open and revealed the picturesque Lake.  I walked onto the sandy beach.  Off a ways I could see a small grouping of medium sized rocks.

I followed the shore until I was in front of what I deemed (The Perfect Getaway).

A cluster of rocks dotted the shore and led out into the water.  It wasn't out to far.  Not for me!  I climbed onto the first slippery rock and took a deep breath before I jumped and landed onto the next one.

I did this a few more times until I reached the very last rock.  It sat low in the water, so that when I sat down and took off my shoes, the cool water tickled my toes.  I opened my book and read.

I had just made it to the 12th chapter when I had the feeling that someone was behind me.  I ignored the eerie sensation.  I tried to concentrate on my book and sink into the story but I couldn't. I shut the book with an irritated snap and sat it down next to me.

"Don't just stand there say something."  I yelled. I shifted my body and turned around half way.  Expecting to see a pack member there.

"Charlie?"

She smiled at me.  

"Long time no see.  Lets go have some fun Princess."

"I.. I had thought that I imaged you!" I grinned at her like a fool.  

"I'm as real as they come Aribella." She laughed.  

I didn't hesitate to pull my feet out of the water and slide them into my shoes wet.

 "Lets go then I giggled."  My previous fear of her had been forgotten.  Danger be dammed.  I was always up for an adventure.