Chapter 4-Part 1

Such bs!  I thought as I made it into my room and slammed the door behind me.

I walked over to my window and looked out.  It seemed as if there was some kind of meeting going on.  Where would they all stay?  This should be interesting I thought.  

I sat down at my desk wishing that I still had my laptop.  Damn him for breaking it.

I laid my head down onto the smooth surface and just thought bout nothing.

Sometimes that made me feel better.  Just to clear my mind and see nothing at all.

I sighed when I heard the soft tapping noise coming from the other side of my bedroom door.

The door that I could no longer lock or shut properly.  

Damn him again.

"Go away!"

My shoulders fell when I heard the door open.

"Ari.  We really need to talk.  I want you to hear my side of things."

Was she crazy?  Who did Olive think she was?

"Just hear me out okay?"

"Bff talk." She whispered softly.

I remained quiet.  I didn't want to turn around.  

I wasn't sure what I would do or say.  Lets not kid anyone.  She hurt my feelings and anyone that dared to hurt me was bound to pay.

"Ari?"

"Fine."  I heard her groan.

"Where do I begin?"

She knew I was not going to answer her, so I had no clue as to why she was asking meaningless questions, when all I wanted her to do was leave.

"I'll begin from the beginning I guess."

"Mind if I sit down on your bed?"

I could tell that she was really trying to be nice but f**k that.

My shoulders shrugged and I guess she saw it.

"Thanks."

"So.. where It all begin.  Ugh this is hard.  It was right before Christmas break. I know it seems like forever ago but really.. I had wanted to tell you right then and there.

Do you remember when I was struggling with Algebra? She paused.

OK then.

I could see her head nodding in my mind.

Reid is so good at math and Mrs. Yen had him to tutor me.  He would come over to my house after school and help me.  At first it was just school work but after about a month we became friends.

He would pick me up and give me a ride to school.  Sometimes we would stop off on the way home and grab a burger.

She sighed heavily and I knew that she was frustrated.  

I just didn't care.

I smiled wickedly as I spun around in the chair and faced her.

I propped my elbow up onto the desk and glared at her.  She wanted to know that I was listening? I'd let my face say it all.

"Thanks for turning around, I was tired of talking to your back," she tried to joke.

"Yea, of course you would be.  You just like to do shit behind it right huh?"

Dammit!  I so didn't mean to say that out loud.

I mean I did but I didn't actually want to partake in this conversation.  

"Ari.. you don't understand!  You're not even being fair right now! This is a (BFF) conversation and you're not suppose to interrupt me..at all.  Can I just tell my side of the story?  Then you can go back to hating me or whatever."

BFF convo?

Ha! She was crazy.  Our friendship died the night I saw her kissing Reid. I snorted loudly and rolled my eyes.

"....Anyway...I knew that you liked him.

How could I not?

I mean you talked about him non stop.  I really didn't mean for any of this to happen Ari.  When you told me that you made out with him at his birthday party something happened to me."

I remembered his party like it was yesterday.  Reid's parents had thrown him a mega B-day bash. Everyone was invited and everyone showed up. It was February and the snow had come down on us with a fury.

It was like a total white out that day.

His Birthday.

I remembered harassing my mom to take me.  I also remember that the party didn't even start on time.  The weather pushed everything back.

I was one of the first guests to arrive.  Obviously for a reason.  I had spent my whole Junior year crushing on him and he never once payed me any attention.  I was determined to make this year different.

I was a senior now.  My boobs had gotten a bit bigger and I could now feel out a sweater nicely.  My hips had rounded only slightly, to my disappointment but it was better then nothing.

So during one of the worse snow storms ever.  I made it to his house, gift in hand.  I had spent weeks agonizing over what to get him.  I had settled on a Nikon Camera.  A D1300 DSl.  It was pretty expensive. Costing me almost $500.00.

I didn't care.  He was worth it to me.

I baby sat many a pup on the weekends to get that camera.

I remember over hearing him say to someone at school that he had a thing for Photography and wanted a decent camera.  I just couldn't contain myself.  As soon as my coat was off and my mom was tucked away nicely. (She actually ended up staying.)  Everyone did.  The roads were closed.

I was in the kitchen getting a cup of hot chocolate when he walked in. I smiled my best smile at him as I sat down the warm mug of yummy goodness.

"Here."  I said as I pushed the wrapped gift towards him.

"You got me something?

He smiled back at me as he took my offering.  I watched his face closely as he unwrapped it and took it out of the box.  

Holy shit!  This is amazing.  Wow! Thanks Aribella."  He had said.

I smiled again as I accepted his thanks.  "I hope its a good one, I don't know much about cameras but the guy at the store said it was cool."

He stepped closer to me and I felt as if I were going to faint.

"Its beyond cool and I really appreciate it.

I could kiss you for this,"  He said on a bubble of laughter.  

"Then do it." I heard myself say.

Talk about embarrassing!  I couldn't believe that I had said that out loud.  The way his eyes widened.. I knew that he had heard it.

"You want me to kiss you Aribella?  He took another few steps towards me.

Suddenly we were so very close.  Close enough that I could feel his breath.  

Let me kiss you then."  He said in a hushed tone.

This was it!

Reid's lips were against mine.  I had even opened my mouth, waiting for him to slip me his tongue. I had never kissed a boy before but surely someone like Reid knew how to do it?

His firm soft lips pressed against my own.  I was struggling to keep my mouth open.  Maybe he sensed this because in a instant his lips kinda pushed down on mine forcibly pressing them shut.

It felt wonderful and it felt as if we kissed for an eternity.

This was who I wanted to mate with.  I loved him!