Chapter 20

Axel's P.O.V
I stared over the lake in cold silence. It was a minute until the new year, my new year to start afresh with Riley. I had his ring with me. "This is for you my Baby Boy, I'll start again for you." I said and just as the time switched to 12:00 a.m. I threw his ring into the lake.

"Happy New Year."
*the next day*
Riley's P.O.V

He took me out to my favorite restaurant for our first date in two years. It was really sweet of him. He let me get whatever I wanted, no matter how expensive. I was having a good time but it was only because I got to see my lover again.

This was the closest we'd been in two years. Just hearing his smooth and sweet voice sent electricity running through me. "How's your food?" He asked, there it is...

"It's good, yours?" I replied. "It's nice." He answered. "What have you been up to these past two years?" He asked. "I went to see the kids and I got a job as a clinical psychologist at the local hospital." I answered.

"How many patients do you have?" He asked next. "Just one, he suffers from bipolar disorder like you, kinda reminds me of you...he's the cutest thing ever." I said with a small smile. "Oh." He said lowly, sounding disappointed.

"He's fifteen, his name is Christopher." I added. "Oh." He said as a smile grew on his face. He's so cute. "So what's been up with you?" I asked.

"These past two years I've really been down in the dumps because of what happened, I'm surprised I didn't kill myself." He said with his gaze downcast making me frown. "Well..." I began as I took his hand into my own making him look at me.

"I'm glad you didn't kill yourself." I said with a small smile. He smiled back and just as he did I kissed his knuckles like the Prince Charming I am. "I heard you weren't in town last weekend, where were you?" I asked. "I killed Greg." I said.

"What?" I asked, shocked. "I wanted this year to not be full of any distractions, I'm starting over with you Riley...I'm making things right." He said making me smile at him. "So how many people is that, that you've killed compared to me?" I asked teasingly making him chuckle.

After dinner we went around town trying things we hadn't before. We went to the arcade, went ice skating, roller blading, got some German ice-cream and went jet skiing. Our date had only ended around midnight, but even then I was still up for more activities.

He'd driven me home and I invited him in. "So this is your place." He said as he walked in. "Yep." I replied as I got some drinks. "Want anything in particular to drink?" I asked.

"No I'm good." He said as he walked around. "You can stay over if you don't want to drive at this hour." I said. "Alright." He said. "Where will I sleep though?" He asked as he sat on the couch.

I joined him, making sure to sit very close to him. "You can sleep with me..." I said shyly, hoping he'd say yes. He smiled at me before putting his arm around my shoulder. "You're still so cute." He said before kissing my forehead.

I smiled and cuddled into his chest.
*morning*
Axel's P.O.V

I woke up with Riley in my arms in the morning. My heart ached as I shifted closer to his warm body. Oh how I'd missed this.

He looked to me as if he'd become a little skinnier than two years ago. I was planning on taking him out to breakfast today and having him eat all he wanted. But I honestly just wanted to be here with my baby.

I kissed his forehead and smiled to myself as I moved his hair from his eyes. I tucked a strand of hair behind his ear and smiled brighter. He moved closer and rubbed his head against my chest.

I smiled again.

"So precious." I whispered as I pulled him closer. I began to slowly stroke his hair and for a second I was getting sleeping. After a while I stopped but he groaned and whispered cutely, "don't stop."

I smiled and kept going. He looked so adorable like this and to think I could've lost him forever. I should thank him for giving me this chance. He could've divorced me right on the spot and he'd go be happy with someone else.

But no.

Riley's here, with me...giving me a second chance with him. He truly is my everything.
~~~~
A/N
Yessssss!
Bii
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay