Chapter 19

Riley's P.O.V
*a week later*
A/N: Let's say that Riley is 27 and Axel is 29 and until I gather the energy to go back and count how old they really are, that's how old they are now

I was beginning to think the only family I could trust were my children but even then they weren't anywhere close to me. Both of them attending school in Germany on fully paid scholarships.

I missed them...I missed Axel and my family too. But they did me dirty and I wasn't going to let them off easy, especially not Axel. He'd been calling me everyday and so had everyone else ever since that day.

I forgave most of my family but I was still pretty pissed at them. I started to talking to them again just a week ago but I was still ignoring Axel.

With my new found loneliness I started to drink like I used to again. Getting drunk was a way for me to escape all of the pain I was feeling and I hated it. I got an apartment and got a job as a clinical psychologist.

The job was there not to make money, I had enough of that, I had the job to get me out of my apartment because I knew I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

I was a bit disappointed to find out that Axel had gone back to Australia. Bell said he was getting ready to make things right between us. What that meant, I didn't know. But his calls stopped a month ago and I'd ended up listening to the voicemails I still had left on my phone.

'Monday, 6:48 a.m.'
"Hey Riley, Axel again...I was just checking in to see if you were okay...I hope you're okay...I'm not."
'Monday, 7:23 p.m.'
"Riley, I'm sorry. I know you're pissed at me but I'm really fucking sorry. *sob*...I miss you."
'Tuesday, 9:00 p.m.'
"How was your day Baby Boy, I hope it was good...I miss you."
'Wednesday, 4:16 a.m.'
"Hi Love, did you see the new episodes of The Amazing World Of Gumball? I have them recorded for you..."
'Thursday, 1:00 a.m.'
"I love you."
'Thursday, 3:30 p.m.'
"*quiet sobs*...I...*coughing*...Axel we have to go...I m-miss him Evan...*loud sobs*...I know Axel, we all miss him...*choking*...*pat sounds*..."
'Friday, 5:07 p.m.'
"I hope you're doing better than I am."
'Friday, 11:28 p.m.'
"P-please...answer your p-pho-pho-ne...*coughing*"
'Saturday-Sunday, 11:58 p.m.-12:00 a.m.'
"I'm going to make things right. I promise."

Just hearing his voice was enough to get me through two years without completely losing it. I'm surprised I haven't gone running back to him for this long. But I'm hurt also. I didn't know what he meant by "make things right" but I was ready to receive him.

I wanted him back. I was ready for his do over and he was too.
Axel's P.O.V
I'd walked out of Greg's office and made sure no one had seen me. It was a good thing he didn't have any family in his life anymore. I think I did him a favor by killing him, now he can be with his family...unless he goes to hell.

I'd finally gotten the memo of where Riley was staying and I was flying to the nearest airport to him. I'd figured out, after two years, that he was giving me time to think about what I'd done these past eight years with him and what our relationship was based on. He wanted me to think about it and figure out how to bring back eight years of love back.

He was giving me a chance to redeem myself and to save our relationship. A do over, the effort I put into making this do over proper and perfect was all the "sorry" he needed.

I was outside the apartment now and my heart was racing. I knocked on the door and waited. When the door finally opened Riley stood there looking tired and it was all my fault. "Riley..." I said breathlessly.

"What do you want?" He asked. "I want you, Riley." I answered and he rolled his eyes. "Let me take you on a date tomorrow...get to know you and start over."
~~~~
A/N
Time for the healing.
Bii
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay