Popcorn

"Hello?" I said as I used my other hand to stuff my mouth with popcorn. I walked by the kitchen, humming the melody to the song I'm currently working on. 

"Barbs, are you going to the studio today or what?" my manager said eagerly. I rolled my eyes, letting out a chuckle.

"Of course, Paul. I'll be there in a few. You want me to bring you a snack or something? I just bought market," I said spontaneously. He laughed through the phone, more chuckles...

"Why is your phone echoing?" I asked, automatically assuming. He stopped.

"I think it's the service in the building. Hurry up, Barbs." he hung up. I rose an eyebrow.. That was weird... But then again I'm even weirder so I guess I'll just accept it now.

I made my way there and headed into the room, buying a packet of popcorn from the vending machine and walking by the recording room. I quickly opened the door and looked straight ahead, and found Paul looking to his right, before he quickly turned to me, his eyes surprised by my sudden presence.

"I'm going to make some popcorn. Be right back, sorry." I blurted, leaving the door open. He opened his mouth to argue, but I already left into the staff room.

I heated up my popcorn and headed back into the room, closing the door behind me. Paul was looking at me with a smirk, his brown eyes a little disapointed.

"What?" I asked, covering my mouth that was full of popcorn. He smiled, his eyes revengeful.

"Barbs, why were you taking your sweet time?" he murmured, as if he was anticipating something... I rose an eyebrow...

"Paul, I'm sorry. I was getting popcorn. You know I like to make sure it doesn't burn, see!" I showed him the bowl of perfectly popped popcorn. Oh how I love saying that.

"You want some, it's super good," i mumbled as I added a few more pieces in my mouth, smiling. He laughed, and then just stared at me.

"What did I do now?" I whispered concerned.

"Whatever it is, I didn't mean to do it," I began and he shook his head. I kept a curious expression as I reached for more popcorn and put them in my mouth.

"Barbara, some of your fans were so amazed by you that they wanted to give you a surprise," he started. I couldn't help but feel touched.

"Aww, that's the sweetest. You've better have gotten their information, I want to send them something back to, just to make sure they know just how special they are to me," I smiled, my eyes furrowed together in content as I put more popcorn in my mouth.. 

I worked so hard to get where I wanted to be, I spend countless months and even years creating the future I dearly wanted.. and I eventually got it. I became a famous music artist, and even already  eight months into the new  life, I still can't describe how grateful I am. 

I'm only 19, with big plans for this world. For humanity. My intentions are pure.

Paul laughed again, as I stuffed my mouth this time in confusion...Before I noticed some shuffling in the room...

As I turned, my heart skipped a beat, and I felt blood rush up to my face at the sight of five men and a beautiful woman

The lack of air got to me as my eyes watered...

I was now embarrassingly choking on popcorn... in front of long time celebrities I was so inspired by a few years back.

The smile on their faces were content, until I started choking.  They all took a step towards me, which just made me want to breathe even more from nervousness..