I knew something was wrong when my uncle didn't call or anything to let us know he was going to be late. No messages, no call. No nothing and quite frankly, I'm freaking out. He was supposed to be home by now.

I've called him, no answer and I am so scared. Jasper went to sleep, so I am left alone, too afraid to do anything. I tried calling Michael and Abel, I just want someone to talk to. I need it.

I stare at the number and I push everything aside and dial.
"Hullo?" A sleepy voice says.

"Cal?" I say and I slide down the door, a hand pressed above my heart and tears blurring my vision. "Calum something is wrong, he isn't home and he isn't answering the phone, he is dead or hurt and I'm so scared." I say and my breath comes out short.

"Molly, baby, calm down, it's okay. Who isn't answering?" He says and I hear shuffling in the background.

"Uncle Jake. It's happening again, it's gonna be like last time. He's gonna die." I say and my eyes burns with tears.

"I'm coming, baby, I'm on my way, it'll be okay." He says. "I'm sure he is fine, maybe he lost track of time and his phone died."

"No no. He always takes a charger. What if he is hurt somewhere?" I sask.

"Shh." He says softly. "You're gonna be okay. Stay with me, I'm on my way."

I don't respond, I just watch as the clock on the wall goes by another hour and I stand and walk to the house phone and dial his work number and set my phone down. A lady picks up and I feel my heart beep spike. "Hello? Is Jacob there?" I ask.

"Carpenter? No, sweety, he left a couple hours ago. Is everything alright, dear?" She asks me and I blink my eyes, trying to sound calm.

"No, he didn't come home." I say.

"Oh, maybe he had to do something, you know how men are. Try and get some sleep, I'm sure he is fine." She hangs up and I pick my phone back up, but there is a knock on the front door and I run to open it.

Calum stands there with the phone on his ear and a worried look.

"He left the office hours ago, he is hurt, I know it. Calum, he is all I have." I say and cling to him and I cry softly. He rubs my back softly.

"Come on, you need to rest a little bit." He says and pulls me toward the living room.

"I can't." I say tohim and he brushes away my tears.

"I'll be here for you." He says and he sits in the couch, pulling me into his lap. He rubs my back softly and I curl around him and in no time, I am in a dreamless sleep.

"Molly, baby, wake up." I sit up quickly and look around. Calum is standing above me with a sad look. "Come on, we gotta go to the hospital." He says and takes my hands before I can cry again. "He is okay, minor injuries." He says and helps me stand. "Go put shoes on and I'll go get Jas." He says and I just reach beside the couch and grab a pair of shoes I hide under there.

He runs upstairs and soon Jasper is running down the stairs with a scared face.

"Oh god. Is he hurt bad? Hurry, Molly, we gotta go." Jasper is a worrier like I am, especially with all the people he has lost, too. It's hard not to be when everyone is constantly dying or leaving.

Calum drives us and he is so calm and grown up in the situation when both Jasper and I are melting down. He holds my hand in the car and keeps me from shaking and talks softly to Jasper, telling him everything is gonna be just fine.

At the hospital, Jasper and I sprint down the hallway and into the assigned room. My uncle is hooked up to a machine, but he is sitting up and smiling at us with a cast on his arm and stitches in his forehead. Jasper rushes over and throws his arms around his dad. "We thought you were gonna die." He says and Calum walks into the door, looking tired.

"It's gonna take a lot more than a car crash to get rid of me." He says and smiles. "I'm fine, why don't you go get a water and a muffin. It's Saturday morning and you need to eat. Get these two something, as well." My uncle says and Jasper leaves. We all know the hospital well, so he won't get lost. I walk over and sit at the edge of the bed, thank God no more tears fall.

"I thought you were dead." I say and he takes my hand.

"I'm not going anywhere sweetheart. I'm okay. I'm sorry I worried you." He says and gives me a hug and I don't let go for a while. "I promise, I'm okay, I'm never got a leave you guys." He says and I nod.

"I'll be back, I've gotta go to the bathroom." I say, wanting  to go so I can cry by myself and he doesn't have to see and worry.
-
I stand in the doorway, not really sure what to do. Jasper and Molly left and I am left staring at the man of the evening. I walk over and sit in the chair when he beckons me to move closer. "I'm sorry they bothered you so early in the morning." He says as I scoot the chair over to the bed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad to do anything she wants." I say and smile. "I have been with them since very early this morning. She slept for an hour."

"I'm not okay, Calum." He says solemnly. "I did die last night. They are still worried about my vitals." He says and I feel myself growing sick.

"You're... You're gonna be okay now, aren't you? Evenually? They are so worried."

"I'm gonna be fine after a few days in here. But I want you to lie to them, say they are running tests on my arm or something. They know this place too well. I'd rather they believe I'm fine until I'm sure." He says and I nod, not really comprehending what he is asking me.

"Okay." I say and Molly walks back in the door and sit in the edge the bed. She takes his hand in hers and she looks like a little girl. She looks like all the pictures hanging up in her room. Only instead of having a happy woman beside her, or a healthy cousin and uncle, she sits on a hospital bed with a look of devastation.

"This day has been awful. It adds to all worst days." She says and he rubs her hand with his IV pricked one.

"They are gonna keep me for a few days, is that alright?" He asks her and she nods. "Okay, why don't you guys go home and get some sleep. I heard you didn't sleep at all." He says and she huffs, clearly not wanting to leave him just yet. "I'm gonna be okay, Milly Molly.''
~~~

"I'm sorry I bothered you last night." I say to Calum and he just smiles. Its around six in the morning and Jasper is already asleep again, the emotions all taking a toll on him.

"It's fine." He says. "I don't mind."

"Are you sure?" I say. "I mean, you could go home if you wanted... " To say I am slightly embarrassed because to say I panicked would be an understatement.

"You're not getting rid of me yet, Molly." He sags in my desk chair and smiles. I just cross my arms and sigh. "You're tired." I say. Of course, I'm still angry, but I'd be a fool if I said I didn't want him still. I pat my bed and he doesn't think twice about crawling in the middle of it. I then turn off the light and he pulls off his shirt and pants, leaving him in his boxers. I pull off my own pajama pants, not caring a bit and I lay beside him.

He links his long fingers with my own and I lean my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." I say to him.

"Why are you sorry?" He asks.

"There's always something to be sorry for." I say.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for." He says. "I'm supposed to be getting a letter letting me know if I passed French or not. You were gone and I had to take the big test."

"Did you do well?"

"I hope so. You taught me absolutely nothing." He teases and I pretend to be offended. "Yeah, I think I done well."

"That's good." At least one of us is doing well in school at the moment.