When I woke up, Calum was gone and Abel and Michael took his place, although I wanted them both to leave so he would come back to me. I sit in the kitchen and look at the pancake breakfast.

"What's wrong with you?" Michael asks.

"Nothing." I say. But I really want to tell him that he is here, and Calum is not.

I told them that Uncle Jake was in the hospital and Michael was sad, since he is family to him, and Abel is sad, because my uncle is a 'poor baby'.

My phone beeps and I frown at the unknown number.
Me: who is this?

Unknown: Ashton, can I come over today and maybe you can help me with math??? I suck at it.

Me: uh, I guess so.

I frown and text him my address. He said he'd be here in a couple hours.

"Ashton got my number and is coming over later for helping homework." I say. On the inside, I'm panicking because of Ashton and Angel.

"Okay." Michael says, but he doesn't look too okay. "Abel and I were going to my house later. I may have stole your new friend." He says and Abel smiles. "Maybe we'll go now. I got a new game yesterday and I'm pumped." Abel says.

"You get a new game, like, everyday." I say.

"Hey, it's an addiction." He says and they both stand to leave.

After they have gone, I quickly run next door and knock. Liz opens the door and I smile. "Hello, Liz, is Luke home?"

"Yes, he is up in his room, first door." She says and lets me go by.

I run up the stairs and I knock on his door. He opens it and he looks half dead.

"I need your help." I say.

"How?"

"I agreed to help Ashton with math, but I gonna be alone with him because no one is there and I know about him and Angel." I say and he frowns.

"If you knew, why did you agree?" He asks me like I've gone insane.

"I can't help it. If someone needs help, I help them, and you're better at math than I am, maybe you could stay the whole time he is there?"

He groans. "Give me one second." Heshuts his door again.
~~

We all three sit at the table. Neither boys talk to each other and I help Ashton through various problems, and so far he has really needed help because he isn't good at this, and I'm thankful for that.

This goes on for an hour before a phone rings and the room goes silent. We all check, but it's Luke's phone. He stands and answers it, walking out of the kitchen. I go back to explaining the next problem but Ashton suddenly drops his pencil and looks up at me.

"Do you really like Calum or are you just playing him?" He asks me.

"What kind of question is that?"

"You know he hurt our friendship, right?" He says. "Why even give it a chance?"

"No, I don't. Why don't you tell me all about it, because from what I know, it was you." I say and fold my hands together and prop them under my head and he looks shocked.

"I would never hurt Michael that way." He says. "I wouldn't hurt you that way, either."

"Ashton, I really am happy to be your friend, but I love Calum." I say and he shakes his head. I hear the front door open and I go to stand, but Ashton grabs my face forcefully and kisses me. I bite down on his lip hard and I look up to see Calum, Michael, Abel and Luke standing in the doorway and I couldn't be anymore ashamed of myself, even if I didn't do anything.