"I haven't, not yet." I say with a false sense of bravery as look at his hooded eyes and all-knowing aura. He has the same scowl on his face, but not because he is mad. His arms are crossed out of habit as he looks down at me. I try not to feel intimidated by his looming presence, but it's difficult. You had to give it to him, he was a beautiful person, like he was sculpted by God himself and then dropped to earth. 

"Almost did, but whatever, dickhead over there deserves getting hit a little." He says stubbornly, cocking his head to one side and he has a small smirk that makes me feel a little better.

"Do you know?" I ask him and he immediately knows what I'm talking about. The smirk falls from his face and he sighs as he runs his hands over his head. He just nods slightly, the scowl returning and he lowers his arms to his sides nervously, his eyebrows furrow slightly before speaking. "For about a week. I finally agreed to let any of this happen." He says and I look at him with wide eyes.

"A week? Wait, finally agreed?" I ask him with a clear, dumbfounded look on my face. I don't know why it bothers me as much as it did, that he would refuse to work with me more than I would refuse to work with him. I am a generally nice girl, never rude to him or to anyone else if it can be avoided. But, I guess he may see that differently.

"I think I can do it on my own. What do I get out of it? You get free grades while I am left with you to try and help and I would basically depend on you. Which is not what I want, really." He says this all as if I am some sort of bug he can't seem to swat away.

"Well, you wouldn't be fully depending on me, just a little. I don't bite and it won't hurt to have help. If you really need it, I guess I don't mind." I say nervously, he just shakes his head with an unrecognizable look.

"You guess? Whatever, that's the thing, love, I do bite and it will hurt." That's the last thing I expected him to say, and he doesn't say it in a weird way, but there was no real emotion in anything he said and then he just walks away, bumping into my shoulder as he goes. I just stand there, stunned and unsure of what to do.

~~~

I walk into my home and sigh, dropping all my stuff to the floor and kicking it out of my way. No intention on leaving it, I just wanted the mess from the day away from me for a second. No one is home and that is quite the relief to me. I take my shoes off at the door and place them in their place and use my feet to kick my bag and belongings to the basement, which is my room, the only place in the house I feel completely comfortable and whole. When I am alone, I feel comfortable everywhere, but when they are here, I feel like an intruder and out of place. I know they don't feel that way, but I can't help it. I'm not supposed to be anyone's responsibility, anyone's burden.

I quickly and literally hop down the steps and throw myself on my bed. The bright decoration lights lining my walls are the only source of light in the room, so I flick on my lamp and sit in the middle of my neatly made bed.

The room is fairly big, it has six beams going through half of it where a wall used be splitting it into two parts, but my uncle took it out in attempt to make it bigger. He claimed a growing "troll" needed more room. He used to call me that a lot as I was growing up, I used to hate it but now I miss the ring of the name in my ears. I made him leave the wall how he left it. There, I wrapped the lights and tacked up pictures and art my cousin had drawn me on the beams. It was a typical thing you'd see in movies or expect from a hipster, but I liked it and it made me feel like I was a normal girl doing normal girl things. The pictures of family and my one friend next to Jasper, who is Michael. Speaking of him, he should be here soon.