Epilouge: I remember

Phil's POV:
"I remember." Dan said, his smile widening. I saw Sophie looking sourly at me.
"Remember what, exactly?" I asked, my heart beating faster and faster.

"I remembered that I love you."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Dan's POV:
I felt all my past rushing through my head. My heart rate increased and I felt my blood pumping through my veins, adrenaline taking over my mind. I blurted out my feelings and winced as I waited for Phil's reaction.

I noticed his eyes. His beautiful eyes. They were captivatingly blue. Icy cold but warm and inviting like the ocean. How had I never noticed this before? His eyes hid secrets, everyone's did, but Phil's were different. His pale cheeks were dusted pink under my gaze. I smiled. I could almost see the wheels turning in his mind, realising what I'd said, and deciding how to reply. It felt like decades before he spoke.

"Oh Dan." Phil breathed, smiling wider than he had  in all of my memory. "That's good news." His cheeks still pink in embarrassment.
"How so?" I asked, raising my eyebrows cheekily.

"Because I love you too."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Dan's POV:
"I love you Dan. I really love you." Phil blurted, running towards me, tears welled in my eyes. His arms wrapped around me and his warm scent came flooding back. I hugged him and squeezed my eyes tight together.
"I'll just go." Sophie said. "You're obvs gay for each other. That's probs why you broke up with me." She headed for the door. I blocked her path with my arm.
"I just have one question." I said, remembering the night I almost died. Sophie paused with her hand over the door handle.
"Oh yeah? What's that?" She asked sickly sweetly.
"Why did you hit me with your car?"
Phil gasped behind me, his hand dropped to mind and I linked my fingers between his. He squeezed my hand lovingly.
"I- Um. I d-don't. How. How did you know?"
"I do have eyes, Sophie." Phil's grip tightened on my hand to stop himself hitting her.
"Honestly?"
"Honestly." I replied.

"I thought you were Phil."