Chapter 19:

A/N: Please read to the end for an important question/ announcement!
Enjoy!
E x
Phil's POV:
B and I grabbed a bite of lunch and got a taxi into London central. I thanked the driver and payed him while B waited on the steps to the hospital. I got out and stood next to her. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it tightly.
"You ready?" I asked, looking up at the grim building.
"As ready as I'll ever be." She replied and we climbed the bleak steps of the hospital. Inside, we were met with the squeaky clean, chemically enhanced whiteness of any hospital. B and I walked up to the desk in silence.
"Goooood afternoon, welcome to London Central Accident and Emergency. How may I help you." Droned the receptionist not taking here eyes off the computer screen.
"Uh... Um. We're here to see Daniel Howell?" I said quietly.
"Oh yeah. Uh hu. What relation are you to him?" She asked, still not making any eye contact whatsoever.
"Um w-" I started
"Family." B interrupted.
"Right over there, down the corridor to ward 37." The receptionist said pointing vaguely to her right, making brief eye contact with B before returning to the computer screen once more. We turned and clicked down the corridor to Dan's ward. B hesitated at the door.
"You ok?" I asked.
She took a deep breath and put on a brave face.
"... Yeah." She replied, grabbing my hand. I looked down into her eyes and she looked up into mine. Her eyes were big and brown like her brother's. B was the spitting image of Dan. We smiled sadly at each other, knowing what was on the other side of the door. I could tell we desperately wanted to go in, but not, at the same time. I reached for the door handle and pushed before I could have any doubts.

"Oh my God." I whispered.

A/N: I hope I haven't made you too mad at the sudden endings and cliff hangers, and then making you make a whole WEEK until the next update :)

But: *Cough* *Cough*
I have an announcement to make. I have decided to leave the fate of this book in your hands. Ok, that sounded serious; it's not that fatal I swear. I'm simply asking you to take a vote on how you would like this book to end:
1) Original ending (10 or so more chapters)
OR
2) A different ending (2 chapters ish and a sequel)

It's all down to you!

Choose wisely ;)

E x