Chapter 23:

Phil's POV:
Having Pj by my side was a massive help for me. I had someone I trusted beside me and it helped me see the light. Pj stayed all day through visiting hours. He would come on and off all through the week, whenever he had the time. During the times when Pj was gone, I was not alone. Dan and I were visited by many YouTube friends. Dodie and Emma, Jack and Dean, Carrie and Pete, Tom, Louise and Joe and Caspar all brought flowers for Dan and hugs for me. It was nice having them there but nothing made me feel more empty. They all have their pair. My other half was almost dead because of his so called "Best Friend"

The sun was setting on the London skyline when Pj said:
"I'm going to get food from the canteen. Do you want anything?" I shook my head. I had neglected the idea of food. The fact that Pj had asked, made me want to cry. I hadn't been asked about me or how I was for over four weeks. And it hurt.
"Phil." Pj looked at me, "When did you last have a proper meal?" He asked.
"Um..." I thought for a moment, "I had an apple yesterday. If that counts." I answered truthfully. Pj shook his head and left the room. Leaving just Dan and me.
After the door shut behind him, I broke down again. It was all getting too surreal. The fact that it was because of me that my best friend is in a coma was too much. I had cried so much in the last week, I'm surprised I hadn't drowned half of London with my salty tears.

Pj's POV:
I came back to find Phil's eyes red and puffy and streaks of water down his pale cheeks. While I was getting food, I bought a pasty for me and a small pie for Phil. I also bought us each a drink and small cake for pudding. I laid out the food on a small coffee table and Phil looked at me, tears welling in his eyes.
"Oh Phil." I said, wrapping my arms around him, pulling him in for a tight hug.
"I- it's just, nobody has asked me how I feel or if I'm ok for the past four weeks." Phil stuttered, choking on the lump in his throat.

Just as we began to eat, a nurse came in to say we needed to find somewhere to stay overnight. Phil explained how he stayed in the waiting room all night for the past week or so. That would explain the dark circles under his eyes.

Phil's appearance reminded me that of L from Death Note. Pale skin, black rings under the eyes, messy jet black hair and a quiet yet temperamental attitude. His eyes, sunken deep into his skull, their bright blue light, fading away from sadness. They used to be blue and grey and yellow. Dan quoted it without hesitation two years ago. But now, they were just grey. With no sign of returning to their playful brightness.

Dear Dan. Please come back. Bring Phil back with you. Please. I beg of you. Pj.