Chapter 17:

Phil's POV:
I didn't care if B saw me in this sate. I didn't care if anyone saw me like this. I might have killed my best friend, I wasn't bothered about what I looked like. When it got to a sensible time, B suggested calling some of Dan's friends. I started with Pj and Sophie who said they would try and visit soon. I continued on to Jack, Dean, Dodie, Tom and finally Chris. I wasn't going to ring anybody else, only Dan's closest friends.
"Do you want me to call my Ma and Dad and Adrian?" B asked. I was thinking how I couldn't face them right now.
"Please." I said, and she picked up the phone. She chatted away to them like nothing had happened. Until she said:
"So, um... Ma. Dad. Are- are you sitting down?" By the change in expression on her face, I could tell what was coming.
"I- I need to tell you something..." She trailed off, trying her best to stall it.
"D- Dan was hit by a car..." B said quickly, her big brown eyes filling with tears. It had completely passed me by how hard this must have been for her. He big brother had been hit by a car, and I hadn't even seen her shed a single tear since I told her. She was here, looking after a man almost double her age because his best friend who just so happens to be her brother has almost died and she hasn't cried once. She was strong. Like Dan. It seems to run in the family.
"Yeah. Uh huh. See you soon. Love you. I will. And you. Bye." And with that, she replaced her phone in her pocket. Turning to me B said.
"I can't do this anymore." Her voice thick with tears. Brown eyes watering. I pulled her tight into my arms.
"We can do this B. We can pull through, and so can Dan. We'll get through this together." I said into her hair. "I promise." With every word, I became more and more unsure of myself. But I will have to stand strong. For B. For me.