☆8

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A leaf blows past my face and lands lightly on the ground, the shiny, vibrant colour standing out against the ambers and bronzes beneath it, highlighted by the light from the street lamp.

I breathe in - then out. A small speech bubble like cloud forming in the coldness of the night. The voice of Luna seems to echo in my mind, "I want to die."

A spine-chilling crawl runs down my back, as her pained voice says those four words in my head.

I close my eyes for a a few seconds, before turning the bend, my heart shattering.

She isn't here. Luna isn't here.

The bench is empty, the area is quiet and I'm alone.

I should have known. The way she left so suddenly, more abruptly then usual.

She was afraid of what she had said.

She had told me her life changing plan. Life ending actually.

What if she was going to carry out her plan today?

I still had to help her.

I wasn't going to leave her regretting that she had told me.

Why did I care so much? She was near enough a stranger.

Maybe it was because I didn't want history to repeat itself.

Maybe, the mysterious girl on the bench, means so much more to me and I had to stop her.

An uneasy feeling sat at the pit of my stomach.

I didn't know where she lived, didn't have her number. I couldn't do anything.

She would at least say bye right?

I nod to myself. She would. She would say bye, somehow.

I walk over to the bench she normally occupies, sitting down staring into the darkness between the trees.

I couldn't lose her, I couldn't lose Luna.

I couldn't lose someone else.

Not again.

Not ever.