☆5

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A golden, brown carpet of leaves, crunch underfoot, quivering in gusts of wind. Dishevelled beauty in orange and scarlet now lying on the ground.

I turn the bend of my now daily path once more, but to my surprise I'm not met with the darkness.

There sitting on the bench is the girl, but today she isn't just a dark silhouette, her silhouette is illuminated with the smallest of glows.

Not any glow though, the glow from a small flame which dances against the starless night sky.

The flame suddenly disappears as she puts the lighter back in her pocket, shaking me out of it's trance.

She holds a cigarette inbetween her fingers, the smallest speck of ember light is still visible from where I stand.

I walk over and she turns her head my way. Only three metres away or so.

Due to the only light from the glow of the cigarette which is slowly dying out I still can't make out her features.

"You smoke?"...

She looks straight at me.

"Yes. I smoke".

"Why?"

"Why not?" She replies back, blowing out a small cloud.

"I can give you lots of reasons actually."

"Proceed."

I pause suddenly not expecting that response. I was sure she was probably smirking at this.

She probably knows why. But never hurt to remind someone or encourage them to stop.

I cough, before rubbing my hands together.

"Right, reasons you should not smoke."

She takes another drag of her cigarette, letting out yet another cloud of smoke.

"This is gonna be good," she states.

"Ok, right, reasons not to smoke..."

"You said that already." She states leaning back onto the bench.

"Whatever, I roll my eyes. So you shouldn't smoke because you can get heart disease or even lung cancer. Tar can build up which really isn't good you know."

She gives me a thumbs up to my surprise.

"Carrying on if you breathe the smoke from another person's cigarette, it's as bad as if you were smoking the
cigarette yourself, so..."

She watched the cigarette as it slowly burnt its way up, close to burning her fingers.

She dropped it to the floor before moving her foot above it turning the cigarette into ashes.

She had stopped before it could do any further harm and burn away her future but also her lungs.

"There, you won't die" she says, breaking me away from my thoughts.

I smirk. "Good."

"Now I need to go", she states before getting up.

"But your name..." I drift off.

"I was getting a lesson on why to stop smoking, guess I ran out of time" she lets out a small laugh which sounds like music to my ears.

"Fineee. Tomorrow?" I ask.

She nods before leaving, as I walk over to the cigarette and step onto it once more, embedding small peices into the ground.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

So Silhouettes will now be updated once a week every Friday.❤

I updated twice this week as I got holidays, but lucky me I got Mock Exams next month and real exams not long after, so I doubt there will be more than one update a week.💙

Oh and longest chapter yet!😜