☆10

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As the days end, the nights close in and the trees shine their vibrant hues, a chill creeps into the air.

I haven't seen Luna in a few days, I think to myself - making my way over to our normal area.

After her breakdown she told me that I may not see her for a few days. It had been 3 days and even though I knew she may not be here, I still came.

There was a calming feeling I had when I sat on the bench in the darkness with the Autumn breeze and silence surrounding me. I still came every day.

I let out a shallow breath as I turn the bend.

Today, on the bench, is sat Luna wearing my coat. I walk over as she looks my way.

"Hey", I smile.

"Hi."

"Wanna umm...go for a walk?" I ask the idea suddenly making it's way into my head as I decide a change of scenery may be nice.

"Sure" she states getting up and putting her hands into the pockets of my coat.

We walk in silence for a while making our way out the area of the park and bench.

The surrounding area is mostly quiet as the time ticks it way towards eleven.

We head onto one of the main roads and I read the sign 'Crescent Lane'.

A couple walk by hand in hand on the other side of the street but other than that the street is quiet.

"You come here often?" I ask.

"Used to, not much anymore."

"Why?"

"Just slowly started losing interest...", she drifts off.

I just give a silent nod.

As we walk I notice that 'Sprinkles Dream' the desserts parlour is still open.

The bright sign reading open seems to beckon me, it's twinkling lights calling out to me.

Without thinking twice I grab Luna's hand making my way into the warmth of the parlour inside the smell of waffles floating in the air.

"Wait...what?."

"Sorry," I smirk at her as she recovers from my sudden reaction. "I like my desserts."

I make my way over to a booth slipping in as Luna does the same on the opposite side.

Looking around the parlour only seems to have three customers sitting at one booth. I turn my direction towards Luna.

"What do you want?" I ask moving the menu towards her.

"What?", she looks at me puzzled.

"What would you like?"

"Nothing..." she shakes her head.

"C'mon you can't have nothing."

I thought hits me. What if the reason she is refusing is because of money?

"Listen. Please. For me. My sweet dessert loving heart will be frozen if you refuse."

She raises an eyebrow at my sentence still not saying anything.

"I don't care about the money. I've got enough."

She opens her mouth to say something then decides not to as she sees my face.

"But how do I repay you?"

I suddenly look at her cocking my head to the side.

"Repay me? I just want you to keep me company like you do most days," I state grinning.

She smiles at me nodding. "Ok."

I watch as she scans the menu opting for a Ferrero Rocher milkshake. I decide to go for the chocolate fudge brownie one and as I head over to the counter to place our orders.

I glance at Luna and see her taking in the sight of the parlour around us. How long exactly had it been since she last came here?

The parlour was decorated nicely. A blue and silver theme mainly with a few other colours scattered around the area.

I walk back over to the seats slipping in. A few minutes of silence pass and I can't help but stare into Luna's eyes. They stand out.

Her green eyes are like the kind of green that pushes its way through the piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring is coming.

The kind of green that budded on the prisoners of winter, bringing life back to their branches.

The green colour that brings hope and life no matter what has happened.

And as I looked into those eyes, I could see it. The colour was fading, losing its touch.

A click of fingers suddenly broke me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry," I state simply.

She raises an eyebrow as our milkshakes are bought to our table. I put my straw in as the waitress walks away.

"Enjoy."

"Thank you," she smiles. A smile that doesn't reach her eyes. But a smile nonetheless.

I smile back as we drink the milkshakes.

"What time is it?"

I glance at my watch.

"Nearly twelve actually."

"I'm so sorry I have to go."

"Why?" I ask as she wipes her mouth with the tissue.

"I'll explain tomorrow. Whenever. I'm going to be late - thank you," she says as she hurries out with the milkshake in hand.

Good thing I asked for the take-away cups.

But what did she mean, she was going to be late? Late for what?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A/N:

I'm sorry for the extra long chapter. I didn't want to cut down too much on descriptions and still wanted to actually portray the new environment.
Hopefully I won't make chapters this long again :-/

Also how are you finding Silhouettes so far?

Question: What flavour of milkshake is your favourite?

Mines gotta be chocolate fudge brownie. :-)

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! :-D