☆7

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The trees shake slightly before a leaf falls, being whisked away slowly each second by the grip of an icy wind, but it keeps floating down the twirling course leading me to - Luna.

I follow the leaf before it lands right near Luna. I smile as I walk over noticing she was wearing the coat I had given her the previous day.

I walk over, the leaf on the ground. It looks so delicate, I want to reach down and pick it up and hold it close to my heart, smoothing out any creases. Just as I do it gets blown away suddenly landing a metre or two away.

"It belongs there, a corpse of what was once summer" Luna suddenly says staring at the leaf.

I nod not knowing what to say. Her response just sounds so deep.

A few long seconds pass.

"You can sit down you know" she says looking at me.

I smile taking a seat besides her, feeling more comfortable as she offered me a seat. I make sure to leave a small gap.

"So umm... you go school?" I ask trying to start a conversation.

"Not anymore, I don't" she replies staring straight ahead.

"Why?"

"I just can't anymore."

I can hear the pain in her voice despite her short answer.

"You know you can talk to me." I say.

"I know..." she trails off.

"No. I mean it. I really want to help in any way I can."

She pauses.

"Fine. I'll tell you." She looks at me now.

"I wanna die", she whispers, closing her eyes for a few seconds.

I feel the temperature drop, the wind that was blowing stops. The surrounding area silent now.

"Why?" I ask.

"I've had enough of life, enough of pain, enough of all the hurt" she states looking at me.

I can't prevent myself as I put my hand on top of hers giving it a slight squeeze.

"Don't die, we'll get through it - together" I whisper.

She just gives me a small smile.

"Thank you Rafael" she says her voice quiet.

A few minutes pass before she suddenly gets up.

"I have to go, I'm sorry for telling you all that. It's just...I'm sorry," she stutters.

It's like reality just hits her. She wants to take back everything she just opened up about but she can't.

"Luna wait. It's ok...", I try comforting her.

But she's fading - her silhouette disappearing out of sight as she fast walks out of sight.

As Luna leaves I walk over to the bench and sit down my thoughts overtaking me.

Sitting by herself in darkness, on cold Autumn nights, with no proper clothing for the weather. Short answers and lost thoughts. Clenched fists at a question people asked on daily basis?

Luna wasn't alright. She was far from it. She couldn't talk to me, not because she didn't want to, but because she was afraid to get hurt again and now she had opened up to me, she regretted it.

She was broken and I was going to fix her, but I had to be careful because pain changes people.