☆2

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The leaves crunch beneath my feet as I hurry down the street.

The air is crisp, the kind of cold that makes you feel alive when you breathe it in and right now I feel alive.

Something about the girl I had only seen yesterday had me excited.

It's probably the lack of my social life and the fact that I'm not really a morning person and now whilst the world slept, I was awake.

I glance at my wrist watch and I can just make out the time, nearly eleven-fifty.

I smile to myself. Perfect timing.

Occasionally, a leaf falls past me, lightly swaying as the air gently carries it to the ground.

I turn the same bend as the day before, but what I see ahead makes my heart sink.

The wooden bench is empty. No sign of any life nearby.

I let out a shallow breath, I don't realise I'm holding in.

Maybe I'm just early, I tell myself.

I decide to head over to the bench and wait.

Each second seems to tick away, turning into minutes as I wait, seated staring into the woods that surrounds the area.

The street light flickers in the dark.

I rub my hands together trying to create some sort of warmth. I had left my gloves at home.

I glance at my watch once more.
Twelve-thirty is only minutes away.

Time seems to fly by me as I wait.

Surely she couldn't be this late?

I wait some more, till twelve-forty before getting up.

Of course she isn't coming. Why would she? She doesn't know you! My mind seems to taunt me.

A rock lying in my path gets a kick which sends it flying through the dark.

Clenching my teeth I decide to head home.

Not angry at the girl.

Angry at myself, for thinking she would be here.