☆11

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The leaves lie on the floor, natures carpet - in every hue of oranges, golds and browns.

I walk towards Luna who is sat on the bench, my hands in my pockets to prevent the cold from making my fingers numb.

"Care to go for a walk again?"

She nods before walking in sync with me and I watch as our feet hit the ground.

Leaving our meeting point behind we end up on the same street as yesterday.

I can't help myself as I see the dessert shop open like the day before and grabbing onto Luna's hand I pull us into the warmth of the shop once more.

The booth we had sat in yesterday is empty and so we slip ourselves in once more.

"Again?"

"Yes again. Remember my heart..."

She cuts me off.

"Dessert loving heart will be frozen," a smile tugs at the corner of her lips.

I nod. "Well remembered."

"So what should we get today?", I ask myself scanning the menu.

"Waffles or icecream or crepes or..."

I glance up to see Luna staring at me an eyebrow raised.

I realise I was talking aloud. To myself.

"The same things fine."

I nod before heading to the counter and placing our orders.

Sitting back in the booth I stare at Luna for a few long seconds. Her green eyes never cease to amaze me.

Her eyes are a shade of green, a mixture of grass and the ocean. All her emotions bundled into a deep cyan.

"Why did you leave suddenly?" I ask the thought coming into my head.

She looks up for a second then looks down again.

"You don't have to tell me..."

She shakes her head. "No. You deserve to know and I need someone to tell."

She closes her eyes for a few seconds letting thoughts consume her.

"I umm...well my parents. Not real parents because...well... I'm adopted."

She looks around, afraid. Like someone's watching her from the darkness of the night. Her hands set on the table clasping and unclasping.

I put my hand on top of her fiddling one's. Urging her to carry on and trying to clan her down.

"They want me out of the house. From 8 in the morning till twelve. I have to be home by twelve, to clean up the mess they've made. If I'm late..." She drifts of.

The pain in her voice is enough to tell me what. She gets abused. Hit and beaten and what six hours of sleep if that? She's alone and hurts herself as well.

I try to peice together the puzzle, but I can't. Not when there's so many peices still missing. Not when the puzzle is incomplete.

Just as I try and make sense of all the new information I've gained, our waffles are brought to our table.

Luna just sits staring at her plate for a few seconds, the chocolate icecream rained with coloured sprinkles on top and the drizzled chocolate sauce dribbled across the waffle.

Mimicking my actions she takes a bite moaning at the taste.

"This is so damn good."

"What can I say. I'm a pro at ordering," I smirk.

Three quarters into our waffles I decide to ask the question bugging my mind.

"Why don't you leave?"

She pauses putting her knife and fork down.

"I can't. They'll find me. Somehow. Somewhere. They know too many people."

She pauses for a moment, glancing at the ceiling.

"Not like there's much of all this left anyway."

It takes me a few moments to realise what she means.

"Luna no. You can't. You can't leave."

A sudden rush of air hits me as the door opens and another customer walks in.

"I'm sorry. Let's just eat," she states picking up the knife and fork once more.

I don't push any further, not wanting to end up saying something wrong.

I seem to have lost my appetite, but the warmth of the waffle and the crisp taste with chocolate icecream is enough to help me finish my plate...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Firstly sorry for updating a day late. I've got a cold so yay :-/

Also...

Sorry for the long ish chapter again. :-)

Question for today: What type of toppings do you like on your waffle?