CHAPTER 45: HAPPILY

CHAPTER 45: HAPPILY

Griffin slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them, his vision was blurry.
"Lexi?" he asked. Lexi leaned forward and the black around his eyes disappeared.
"Griffin, are you still cursed?" I asked."Wh-what?" he asked. I saw Paige coming from behind him but she stopped herself when Cinthya blocked her and I heard Maya tell her to just simply leave us alone.

"Griffin, stand up." I said as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and help him stand up. His knees were shaking.
"NOOOO!" I heard someone from behind. I turned around and saw Needa and a fireball coming towards me. I quickly let go of Griffin and battled Needa, I let my ice become colder as she made hers hotter. I can see tears on her face.

"Stop it! He's mine, please!" she yelled as she fell to her knees and stopped shooting me with her fire. I walked towards her and I felt pity on my heart. She hugged my legs and her tears soaked my pants.
"Needa," I said as I wiped her tears away. Her dark brown eyes gazed at me and melted my heart. I felt pity on her that I almost said I wanted to give Griffin up to her but I can't do that. Not after everything we've been through.
"I can't. I'm sorry," I said as I stood up. "I'm sorry." and turned around.

Needa clenched her fists and shot fire at Lexi. Lexi quickly turned around and blocked the fire away hitting Griffin's wings.
"AHHHHH," Griffin yelled. Needa's eyes widened as she saw a huge hole on Griffin's wings.
"Griffin!" Lexi yelled as she ran towards Griffin. His wings were burning and there was no choice but to rip them out.
"Griffin, I'm sorry." said Lexi as she ripped his wings out. Griffin let out a loud cry.
"YOU DID THIS!" yelled Needa to Lexi.
"No," Griffin interrupted. "You did this." pointing to Needa.
Lexi smirked and gave Needa a look. She saw Needa, her eyes filled with tears again. Needa covered her mouth as she flew away anger on her heart and went back to the Underworld.

"Griffin?" I said as he slowly stood up and pulled me in to hug me. I felt his cold body against mine and my tears filled his chest, he cupped my cheeks and he licked his lips as he raised one eyebrow. I laughed a bit and felt a tingle on my stomach. Griffin bit his lip and small blood rushed down, I wiped it away and blew snow on it as I pulled him while I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
"I'll never let go," I whispered and he laughed.

"Lexi, you can't live in the Heavens and Griffin neither can you without your wings." the new Goddess said. I turned around and bowed before the new Goddess.
"I give up immortality then and wish to live in the Earth." interrupted Griffin.

What the hell?

The Goddess eyes widened.
"Give up your immortality?" she asked.
Griffin nodded and squeezed Lexi's hands. "When we were on Earth, there was absolutely no problem with me and her. I'd like to live on Earth."
My heart pounded, he was right. We didn't have any problems on Earth.
"I want to live on Earth too!" I said. The Goddess sighed and stared at as for a very long time.

After a long time of staring, she finally nodded and agreed. She raised her hand and struck lightning on us taking our powers.
"Good Luck!" she whispered as her lightning carried us away from the Heavens and into the Earth.

I landed right on top of Griffin.
"Lexi, get off." he said. I quickly stood up and he grabbed my hand.
"My head hurts." he said.
"Guess we're gonna live here now?" I asked.
Griffin nodded.
Renee popped behind Griffin, "What the hell are you two doing here?" she asked.
"Why do you smell like a mortal? Noooo. Why did you give up? What the fuck?" she asked a lot of questions.
Griffin and I looked at each other and laughed.
"Maybe you could teach us how to live in Earth?" Griffin said.
Renee nodded.

I looked up at the Heavens, I didn't even get to say good bye to Kelsey or Jess–the new Queen but I know they'll be here around even though I can't see them, I know they're around. Protecting me, guiding me and making sure I make the right decisions. I wasn't sad that I am now one of these people I used to guard. My years of guarding people are over, and I'm tired of it. I looked at Griffin from a far, his smile melted my heart.

"As long as I'm with you," I whispered.

I ran towards Griffin and grabbed his hand and he hugged me tight.
"Nothing can separate you and I." he whispered.
"Not even the gods above," I said as he kissed my forehead.

There's only one thing I'll miss about Griffin that the new Goddess took along with his immortality...his coldness. I'll miss his coldness, but other than that, I'm just glad this is over, I entered Renee's truck as I took one last look at the Heavens. 

My time as an Angel was over, as a door closes...a new one begins. I'm human now... living happily with Griffin, my real soulmate.

And yes, his heart belongs to mine.