CHAPTER 7: STRENGTH

CHAPTER 7: STRENGTH

Needa fell on her back.

"Get up!" the Proffessor yelled. "Weeping in pain won't help you! Do you want to see Griffin again if your feathers say he's alive? Then get up!"

Needa stood up, her knees shaking.
"I– I can't," Needa stammered. "I just can't."

The Proffessor pushed her, "Don't be a coward. You promised to pay attention in your classes, so pay attention!"

Needa started to cry and she wiped her flaming tears off of her face. The Professor slapped her.
"You're crying?!" he yelled. "HAHAHA. Don't be a weakling."
"Professor!" Needa screamed, "We've been here for hours! I need a break."

 The Professor laughed at her face.

 "Break? Hahaha, no!" he began. "You insisted on doing this so we will not leave Flaming Drozd until you get at least 5 feet above the ground."

 "But–" Needa stammered.
"No but's!" he said. "Now, tuck your arms and this time kick really hard on the ground."

 Needa tucked her arms.
"Good, now stretch your wings as far as they could and kick really hard on the ground!" the Professor instructed.
She stretched her wings until she felt a sore and kicked hard on the ground. Wind blew on her hair as she continued to pick up speed.

 "Good!" the Professor yelled. "Keep your balance, try to maintain it and put more force while flapping your wings...slowly!"

 Needa tried to flap her wings and put more force in it.
"I'm doing great," she thought.

 "1 more foot!" the Professor yelled. "1 more!"

 Needa then felt relaxed and her right shoulder started to ache.
"Ouch!" Needa yelled. She started to loose control of her right wing.
"No! Needa, focus!" she heard the Professor yell from below. "Focus!"

The pain grew and her right wing stopped functioning, leaving her with only her left wing flapping. She fell down quick and landed on hre back again. The professor kicked her in the face.
"I told you to focus!" he said.
"I was! I am!" Needa yelled.
"Your focus isn't good enough!" he began. "Again!"

 Needa clenched her fists and flames formed in the edges of her wings.

 "Do you want to see Griffin or not?!" he yelled.

 Needa sighed.

 She tucked her arms again and kicked hard on the ground as hard as she could with all her strength. She thought of Griffin this time and closed her eyes letting her wings do their own flapping by themselves.

 "Good! Great! Keep your focus!" the Professor yelled from below.

 Needa imagined Griffin next to her, holding her hand helping her to fly. Her right wing started to glow and more feathers covered it.
"Good!" the Professor yelled.

 Needa has reached five feet above the ground. Her wings kept flapping as her right wing magically grew feathers on it, giving it as much agility, speed and strength as on her left wing.

 "Perfect!" the Professor yelled. "Needa come down now."

 Needa didn't hear him and kept flying higher.

 "Needa!" the Professor began. "Come down!" He then took a rock and threw it at Needa making sure it won't hit her in the wing.

 The rock hit Needa's ear and she lost control of her right wing again and fell 50 feet from the air.

 "What the fuck?" Needa said.
"You weren't coming down," the Professor said. "Good job though! I don't think you need anymore flying classes after this. Your wings looked perfect."

 "What?" Needa looked confused, not realizing what she was doing.

 "Do whatever you were doing again and you'll be able to fly with no problems at all," the Professor said as he walked away.

Whatever you were doing.
"Think of Griffin?" she thought. Needa smiled and stretched her wings. She looked at her right wing it looked perfect.

"Griffin, you're my strength."