CHAPTER 14: GRAVEYARD

Needa’s feathers told her that Griffin was here. She folded and hid her wings and.

“Ew, mortals.” Needa said. She hated mortals. They were disgusting. To her, a mortal was like Hannibal, an ugly creature living in the Underworld with the Demons.

“This is so gross,” Needa said as she started to walk. “How can their feet touch the ground?” She shrugged in disgust.

“Ok, feathers. Now where?” she whispered. Needa felt her feathers rise as she slowly closed her eyes. She tried to shut her senses and covered her ears.

Needa saw herself back in the ground where Griffin helped her when she cut her wing.

“Needa,” Griffin whispered. “Needa.”

“Griffin!” she threw her arms around Griffin.

“Come to me,” he said softly. “Come to me.”

“Where are you?” she asked.

“Come to me,” his voice started to fade. “Come to me.”

Needa opened her eyes.

“Graveyard,” she said. “Marina’s graveyard.” She saw a weird-looking ball drop on her feet.

“Hey, lady!” a voice from behind said. “Throw the baseball here!”

Needa turned around and saw a girl with long dark brown hair. She was waving at her to throw the baseball back.

“Ew, mortals.” she thought.

“Give it here!” the girl yelled. Needa picked up the ball and walked towards the girl.

“Here,” Needa handed the ball to the girl.

“Thanks!” the girl said as she took the ball from Needa’s hands. Two more girls appeared behind the girl’s back.

“Hey, you’re really pretty!” said one girl.

“Yeah, I like your hair!” said the other.

Needa looked confused.

“Do you want to play one game with us?” the girl asked.