CHAPTER 20: MELTING

CHAPTER 20: MELTING

The Queen felt her feathers slowly melting away. She watched it turn to ash as she approached the Underworld.
"This is dangerous." she thought. "But I have to confront Adrian."
She dived down and forced her wings to continue flapping. She's almost there, she can almost see the entrance to the Underworld.

The Queen was sweating and her feathers were dripping wet as she entered the Underworld.
"An Angel!" the Demons muttered.
Hannia was about to shoot her wings but Cinthya stopped her.
"No, she'll melt anyways. Don't shoot her." Cinthya smirked. Hannia lowered her arm as she watched the Queen's feathers slowly melt and turn to ash.

"He's alive." the Master began. "I know he is."
Paige crossed her arms.
"Who cares if he is?" she said.
The Master stood and sniffed and raised his arm.
"Angel." he whispered. "I can smell an Angel."
Paige turned around and saw the Queen land. She laughed when she saw some of her feathers gone, her wings almost bald.

"Adrian!" the Queen cried. "Listen to-"
Cinthya shot fire from behind and the Queen fell to her knees.
"How did she get in here?" Paige asked furiously.
"I'm sorry, you're most Deviousness. We thought she would melt before she reached here." Cinthya explained.
"Kill her." Paige ordered.
The Queen tried to catch her breath.
"No!" said the Master. "Leave us alone for a while."
Cinthya and Paige flew away.

The Master looked at the Queen with curiosity and tilted his head. He looked at her wings, it was almost bald.
He stroked her wing and coated it with lava to keep it from melting.
"What are you doin-" the Master cleared his throat and made his voice deeper. "Who are you?"
"Don't you remember me?" the Queen cried. "Don't you remember me at all?"
The Queen tried to reach for the Master but he avoided her.

"No!" he screamed. "Cinthya! Take her to the dungeons."
Cinthya flew in and took the Queen.
The Queen had tears on her face. The Master sat down on his Throne and tapped his fingers on the armrest.

He closed his eyes, and whispered "Grains."