CHAPTER 40: POISON

CHAPTER 40: POISON

We were walking at the park where him and I danced, there was five boys from a far singing the song I heard the night we danced.

You and I
We don't wanna be like them
We can make it till the end
Nothing can come between
You and I
Not even the Gods above can
Separate the two of us
No nothing can come between
You and I
Oh, you and I

The music was beautiful and it reminded me of what Griffin and I have been going through, I looked at him and squeezed his hand and rested my head on his shoulders as he stroked my hair. The wind was cold and Griffin's presence made it even colder so I let go of his hand and sat down on the rocks admiring the river. Griffin sat beside me and gazed at the river.
"I'm sorry. You're so cold," I explained as I looked at him. He had a smile on his face, a little one on the side.
"It was so much better when I was a bit warm," he joked. I laughed and rubbed my arms together to make friction warming me up. The weather was so cold that I can see my breath. Griffin distanced himself away from me a few feet and I looked at him.
"What? You're cold." he said. I came towards him and wrapped one arm around him to pull him in.
"I-it's fine." I said. "It's not that cold."
Griffin sighed and I let go of him again as I hugged myself trying to warm me up.
He put his arms around my neck and pulled me in making me lay on his lap as he opened his wings and set them lightly fire. He looked down at me and smiled.
"Still cold?" he whispered.
I laughed and I faced his chest and put my arms around his torso, his cold body and hot wings mixed together and it made me feel warm. Not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect.

"Wake up!" he shook me. I opened my eyes and the sun was up, I stood up and he rubbed my eyes for me. I didn't notice we fell asleep here. I stretched my arms and yawned.
"We should get going before the people see us," he said.
I nodded and Griffin held my hand.
"We need to leave right now," he said. "I feel like there is someth–"
"Hey." a voice from behind said. Griffin squeezed my hand as we both turned around. I saw a girl with straught dark brown hair, I remember seeing her when I left the Underworld. She was one of the Demons that held Griffin back and the one who tried to kill me.

"Paige," Griffin said his voice was trembling. Paige laughed as she came towards Griffin.
I raised my arm and blocked her protecting Griffin but she touched me with her flaming fingertips burning my skin.
"PAIGE!" Griffin yelled as he pushed her causing her to fell to her butt. Griffin turned to me and took my arm and blew ice on the burnt part.
"It'll heal soon. Stay here." he said. I watched the ice slowly heal the burn and I watched them fight, people around us watched and I heard someone yell "woman-beater." I wanted to help him but he clearly told me to stay hidden so I did.

Griffin was on top of Paige and about to rip her head off when Paige cupper his cheeks and kissed him. My heart dropped and I wanted to get out of here but Griffin eyed me and waved his arm telling me to back away. I can see black veins coming from Paige's mouth inside him, his eyes widened and I can see Paige's huge grin. Tears fell off my face and I fell down to my knees not being able to bear another woman kiss him.

I looked at the distance and I heard wings flapping from behind me, I heard whispers from the humans and I looked back and saw Griffin holding Paige's hands and there wings spread apart. I looked at his eyes and noticed that there were all black. They kicked hard on the ground and passed by me. I watched their wings brush together as they flew towards the Heavens.

"Griffin?" I whispered, I felt my heart shatter. I can smell muffins from behind me.
"You should go after them," Renee said. I turned arounf and she was holding a tray of muffins.
"Want some?" she asked.