CHAPTER 33: WATER

CHAPTER 33: WATER

It was early in the morning and Needa and Griffin are still fast asleep. Cassie was watching them from below the tree, thinking to herself how she would do what Hades told her to do, she knew she had to fully gain their trust.

But how?

Needa slowly opened her eyes as her wings stretched and she yawned while rubbing her eyes.
"Awake now?" said Cassie, Needa didn't seem to hear her and went back to sleep. Cassie raised her arm out and blasted water towards Needa causing Needa to fall from the tree.

"What the hell?" Needa said furious, her wings burning flames. Cassie smirked and blasted water on her wings causing the fire around Needa's wings to go off.
"Calm down, Demon." Cassie said as Needa gave her an "I'm gonna kill you" look. Cassie sighed and put her hands on Needa's shoulders.
"Griffin," Cassie whispered as she looked up. Needa looked up and saw Griffin's arm hanging off the tree branch, about to fall. Cassie raised her arm, ready to blast Griffin off of the tree when Needa pushed her causing her to fall on her ass.

Needa flew back up to the tree and placed Griffin's arm on his chest as she admired him asleep. She never noticed how long his eyelashes were, she stroked his hair and kissed his head.
"Needa!" Cassie yelled from above. Needa flew down slowly careful not to wake Griffin up by the sound of her wings.
"What?" said Needa.
"Come walk with me," Cassie said as she tried to take Needa's hand."No!" Needa yelled as she set her hand on fire, causing Cassie to let go. Cassie set her hands on water, protecting it from the fire and grabbed Needa's hands again.
"Let go!" Needa yelled as Cassie forcibly took her near the river. Cassie's hands grew more wet as Needa made her hands hotter.

If there's one thing a Demon's weakness is...it's water. They might be immortal but water can slowly make them mortal.

Needa's knees felt weaker as Cassie started to channel water throughout her body. Her fire became blue and started to disappear, her wings dripping wet.
"L–let go," Needa said, her voice was weak. They arrived at the river and Cassie dipped her legs as it slowly turned into a blue tail.
"If you value Griffin's life, you'll come with me," said Cassie. Needa turned pale and her fire immediately went off. Her whole body was shaking with fright.
"Come," said Cassie. Needa dipped in the water and as soon the water touched her wings, she fainted.

Cassie smiled and swam down with Needa wrapped around her arms.
"I've got her!" Cassie yelled. Poseidon turned around and had a big grin on his face.
"Good job!" said Poseidon as she patted Cassie's head and took Needa from her. Poseidon looked at Needa, her face was white as snow, her wings were lifeless and began to loose feathers. Her hair started to turn from dark brown from blue.

Poseidon raised his arm and commanded the waters to open, making a huge hole in the sand and put Needa in the hole.

"What are you going to do with her?" asked Cassie.
"That is none of your business. You can go back now and never to return to the mortal world again." ordered Poseidon.
Cassie nodded and swam away.

Poseidon looked at the sand where Needa was burried and stepped on it.
"I hope you enjoy your stay, your immortality is the price." said Poseidon.

A faint laugh came from the Underworld.