CHAPTER 32: NEW YEAR

"Renee said there's a something the humans do as a tradition during the New Year," said Griffin.
I looked up at the big TV screen and it read:

"Happy New Year! December 31st @ 11:30pm."

"We only have thirty minutes till we get there," I said.
"We fly then," he said as he opened his wings.
I opened my bag and took my wing machine out but then he grabbed my arm.
"You don't need those fake wings. You have me," he said softly.

I swear, I could've fainted by the sound of his voice. It was so deep and rough, his voice was music to my ears.

He reached out to grab my arm and he slowly pulled me in. I held on tight and squeezed his hand as I felt him fly, the wind blowing my hair.

"New Year's kiss," he whispered. I blinked my eyes, I remembered what Renee told us what humans do when it's a beginning of a new year.
"Um-" I tried to catch my breath.
"We're here, we got ten minutes left." he said.
I looked down and saw hundreds and thousands of humans below us.
"Let's stay here," I said. "In the air."
Griffin nodded.

I looked at the big glowing ball Renee told us about where they drop it. It was shiny and bright and it reminded me of the sun.

10
9
8
7
6
5
Griffin held my hand tighter.
4
3
2
1

The ball dropped and it made a loud booming noise. I felt Griffin pull me in as his lips crashed in mine. I closed my eyes as I felt his warm tongue inside my mouth.

"Happy New Year!" I heard the humans yell from below us.

So this is what a New Year's kiss is, ours was a New Year's make out session.