The Audition- Niall

You sat in the school music room walking through rows of chairs aimlessly with your headphones in. Your nerves were racing because of the audition the next day in order to be in the school play which is why you stayed after to school to practice. You had chosen one of your favorite songs--Moments---but had slowed it down and raised the octave to fit your voice.

  As the words flowed into your ears you let your mouth form the words that you knew by heart, making sure to hit the notes even though you weren't fully singing. Your eyes closed when it got the "you know I'll be" part and you found yourself actually fully singing. You couldn't completely hear yourself because you music was too loud but when you stopped you could feel eyes on you.

  Spinning around quickly you saw that blonde boy in his blue jeans leaning against the door staring at you. "Hi,” you stuttered out, feeling a hot blush hit your cheeks at the thought of him intruding at your private singing time.

  "Hey." Niall easily walked into the room as if he had been invited, making sure to close the door behind him. You could feel your stomach doing flip flops, the crush you had had on him since forever coming to the surface and making you blush ever harder.

  "How long were you standing there?" You forced words to come out of your mouth, but they were barely above a whisper. He laughed and started to walk down the row of chairs that you were in, and again your heart began to pound harder and harder, ready to just leap and run out of your chest.

  "Long enough to know that you are amazing." His blue eyes smiled at you as he stood in front of you. You took the headphones out of your ears and gave him an odd look. He just gave you a questioning look back and then laughed.

  "What? Did you not hear yourself? It was...breathtaking what you did to the song." He took a step closer, getting into your personal bubble but you didn't step back. You could smell some type of cologne coming off of him, which just made your insides melt even more.

  "Uhh...that? Oh that wasn't really anything..." You looked down at your hands and felt your blush hit the tips of your ears, unsure how to not freak out from this hottie giving you compliments.

  Again he laughed, "Well if that was nothing then I want to hear when you actually sing something!" There was no joking in his voice, he was actually being serious. You stared at him, mouth hanging open because you weren't sure how to respond.

  "Come on! Aren't you trying out for the musical? I mean might as well do a practice audition to get ready for it. And seeing as I am in the musical already..." Niall walked backwards through the chairs, hands lifted in a shrugging motion as he sat on the stool that the teacher usually sat on.

  "I..I..I," your mouth went kind of numb and refused to form any words as you stared at him staring at you from the stool.

  "Y/N, I don't bite! If you can't do it in front of me, then how will you be able to do it in front of a whole audience on performance day?" He titled his head towards you, knowing that he was 100% right. You willed your feet to make their way towards him, feeling more nervous than you had five minutes ago. You were about to sing to your crush...this could either go extremely well or horribly wrong.

  You stood in front of him and readied yourself...and then stopped. "Umm..are you sure you don't have some place to be? I mean..." You looked from the floor to his eyes again, loving how they were a glimmering blue.

  "Y/N, I wouldn't have walked in here and asked you to sing for me if I didn't want to hear it." Then you got to thinking for a second.

  "Wait how did you even know I was in here?" It was Niall's turn to blush and he scratched the back of his neck for a second. "Umm lucky guess?" But even that answer was enough to make your heart fly into your throat, because either way, that meant he had been looking for you.

  "Nice try, but I don't buy it." You folded your arms and stared at him, not letting up; liking the fact that now you were the one making him feel nervous. "Fine fine, you got me. I heard from some friends you were going to be in here and I hoped to catch up with you." His eyes kept falling to the ground and there was a nervous edge in his words now. Your finger tips tingled at the idea of him wanting to be close to you, of him going out of his way to see you.

  "And why was that?" Not even caring about singing for him anymore, you collected your courage and took a few slow steps closer to him. His leg started to bounce up and down as he bit his lip and stared at you.

  "Well…" you again kept coming closer to him until you were standing right in front of him, making sure to enter his personal bubble just as he had done to you earlier.

  "Well...?" You smiled at him, finding him 1000% cuter when he was nervous. Tingles started to travel everywhere in your body, you somehow already knowing what he was gonna say.

  "I mean..." Niall's blue eyes pinned yours and you almost forgot to breathe. But you didn't even need to when he leaned in and softly kissed your lips. You kissed him back, both of you hesitant, but clearly liking it. He pulled back and searched your face for a reaction, and all he got was a huge grin from you.

  "Is that answer enough for ya " That accent just sent warm shivers up your legs and you found yourself leaning in closer, hoping for another kiss because words didn’t do enough to encompass the moment. Grinning he took your reaction as a positive one and leaned in for another kiss, this one just as soft and sweet, making you wrap your arms around his neck and him close the distance between you two.