Chapter 20

I ran into the park. It was the middle of the night. All I knew was I had $50 in 10s in my pocket. A little bit of what I saved for this day. I began to couch and then I feel a bit chilly. I put my hand into my pockets. I felt a piece of scrap paper in my pocket. I took it out. I unfolded the scrap piece of paper. It was from Jackson. It said:

Ana,
Whenever you want to talk to me. Just call me. I here for you.
561-239-3209
-Jackson

What was the point of having his number when I don't even have my phone. I folded the piece of paper back up and back in my pocket. I started to keep walking around the park. I didn't know where to go, except away.

I kept walking farther and father away from that prison I called my home. away from that monster I called my father. Away from it all. I hope I never see that creature I called my dad ever again.

But how am I going to tell Jackson that I'm leaving. Then instantly I remembered that there are telephone on the other side of the park. I started running again. I ran to the other side of the park.

When I got to the telephones I reached in my pocket for the quarter. I grabbed the quarter and. put it in, and dialed Jackson. The phone was dialing. I then heard Jackson's voice.

"Hello?" He wondered.

"Hey Jackson. Its me. Ana." I greeted.

"Ana? What are you doing called so late?" He asked.

"Look. I just wanted to say bye." I blurted out.

"What are talking about?" He asked.

"I'm finally doing it. I'm running away. I'm going to take a bus to from Manhattan to New Jersey." I explained to him and then I started couching again.

"Wait! Where are you now?" He questioned.

"*couch* I'm at the East end of the park." I answered.

"Okay. Stay there. I'm going to come get you." He said and hung up the phone. If he is going to try to take me home then its not going to hard. I don't care what he says.

I'm not going back to that hell hole.