Chapter 8

It was Saturday. My three day weekend has officially begun. I woke up to the my dads alarm going off all the way up in his room. shit! If my dad sees me still on the couch he is going to get the belt again! I thought to myself. I hopped up and snuck on the side of the staircase. I waited until I heard the sound of the bathroom door close and the shower turning on.

I tipped toed upstairs and into my bedroom. I went toy dresser and took out my red Flannel shirt, a pair of jeans, and my black converse with my black beanie. When I finished getting dressed my dad was already leaving for work. I had a sigh of relief.

When I was ready I walked out of my house and started to walk to school. My back still felt like it's been sting by ten thousand bees. I still felt like crying but I held in my tears. As I was walking I saw Jackson sitting on the curve with his guitar in his case laying beside him. I walked up to him. "Hey Jackson." I greeted. Jackson looked at me and hopped right up. "What happened last night?" he questioned in worry. "Oh nothing. My dad is just not used to me with boys." I lied to him.

I didn't want him to know about my dad true colors. "Okay. Well hopefully he gets used to it." He said smiling. I smiled back. "You want to go work on the songs?" Jackson asked. "Sure." I answered and we walked to the park. When we got to the park we sat down under the oak tree again and Jackson took out his guitar.