Chapter 6

At school I walked to a remote area. I sat down, took out my journal, and began writing. I saw at the corner of my eye that Jackson was walking towards me. "Sorry about earlier." He sighed.

"No. I'm sorry. You were just worried about me and I just went off on you. It's just weird to me." I told him. he asked, "what's weird?" I sighed and explained to him, "To have someone care. People could care less if I'm hurt or not, but you cared. I just never had someone care before."

"Wow. That must feel pretty lonely have people not care." He said. "Well. You get used to it." I replied. "How about your parents?" He questioned. I felt tear trying to break free from my eyes.

I held myself together and told him, "My mom left me and my dad 8 years ago and my dad was never the same after she left." I felt a tear going down my cheek. "I have to go." I quickly said and ran to the courtyard restrooms. There was nobody in the restroom. I locked the restroom door. I slide against the wall to the ground and begin to cry. When I was done I fixed my blush and unlocked the door. I went to class.

I got to class just on time. I sat down and took out my class work from yesterday and began working. I peered over and Jackson was looking at me. I knew what he was thinking about. He was wondering why I ran from him. He is wondering why I looked so scared. I all was have that kind of feeling about myself. How could I be so weak but yet, so strong?

What I wonder is why. Why does he want to know? Why is he so worried about me? Why does he care about me?