Chapter 17

I heard a knock on my window. I got out of my bed and walked to the window. I opened the curtains and saw that Jackson was there kneeled down on my roof, next to my window. I cracked the window just to where you could fit a single finger through.

"Can I please talk to you?" he wondered as he glared into my eyes. I thought for a moments. I opened up the and said, "You've got five minutes." He crawled in through the window and into my room.

"I am so deeply sorry, to the bottom of my heart. Look. I had no idea how she knew I was going to be there but she did and she was talking to me. I told her to leave but then she saw you. Then she just grabbed me and kissed me. I had no idea what was happening until I saw you. Until I saw the sadness, the sorrow in your eyes. It just made my heart ache. Can you please forgive me?" He explained.

I could tell in his eyes that every word he said was true. Every word, every syllable, all was the truth.

"Yes. I can forgive you. I'm sorry for not listening to you in the first place." I told him.

I heard my dad slam the front door open. I instantly heard my dad yell, "Ana Maria Smith, get your ass down here right now!"

I freak out. My eyes popped, my skin began to crawl, and fear went through my veins. I stood up shaking. I turned to Jackson. "You should probably go. You don't want to here anything that's coming to me." I whispered.

I walked out of my bedroom leave Jackson sitting there looking worried. I went downstairs and I went to where my dad was standing. "Why the hell is there ketchup all over the damn floor." he yelled.

"Well.... I..." I stuttered. My dad reach and grabbed a lock of my hair and pulled it. He pulled my hair to the kitchen. He grabbed the spatula. He smacked my upper spine. I screamed. "Clean this fucking mess or else." He demanded.

I jumped up and grabbed a rag. I wetted the rag and cleaned up the ketchup. When I was done I went to my dad who was sitting on couch in the living room. There were about ten beer bottles on the floor plus the one he was drinking right now.

"I done." I told him. I stood up and check the floor. He looked at me. He raised his hand and swung it across my face. "I don't want to see another ketchup mess in this house ever again." I yelled. I muttered, "yes sir." He replied, "Good. Now get your ugly ass in you room and go to bed. I don't want to see your ugly face down here for the rest of the night." I ran upstairs and into my room. I spammed the door shut. My eyes started to tear up. I couldn't help but to cry.

I stood up and when I turned around and Jackson was there. Still sitting on my bed. As if he didn't even move a muscle.

"Jackson?! What the hell are you still doing here?" I asked still crying. "I didn't want to leave you." He whispered. He stood up and walked towards me.

We were so close that our noses almost touching. He stroked my cheek. He leaned towards me and kissed me. He lifted me up and brought me to the bed. And that's all I will that happened that night.