Chapter 9

It was noon. We were still working on the songs. "These song are turning out to be great." Jackson said. "They are. I want to you to get these recorded so I can buy one." I said. Jackson started to laugh. "Well when I get these songs record you can have an album for free." He said. I smiled.

"I'm hungry. I'm going to get something to eat. You want anything?" I asked. He answered, "yeah. Just get me a hot dog with ketchup please." He gave me $5 for the hot dog. I got up and said, "I'll be right back." I walked to the hot dog stand.

I got two hot dogs with ketchup. I paid the guy and walked away. As I was walking Haley walked right in front of me. "I know your little secret." She said. "What are you talking about?" I questioned. "Don't play innocent with me bitch." She smirked, "I know that your mother left you and your father abuses you." I gulped. "How did you?" I asked. "that doesn't matter. What matters is that I know about it and if you keep being with Jackson then I will tell everyone in the school." She demanded.

Felt the tear starting to come out but I tried to hold it in. "So what's it going to be? him? or your secret?" She questioned. "Okay Haley." I started to cry. As I started to I tried to run but Haley a sneaked out her foot and tripped me. As I fell the hot dogs spattered all over my face. When I hit the ground I heard Jackson's voice. I looked up and I saw Jackson trying to help me up. I snapped b k and yelled, "Get away from me!" I couldn't believed I said that. I didn't know what to do. I had ketchup and smushed pieces of hot dogs on my face and Haley made me pick between my secret and Jackson. At that instant I just ran. Ran from it all. Ran and didn't look back.

I ran to my house and when straight through the door without a thought in the world. I went upstairs to my bedroom. I jumped on my bed and started I cry.

After about an hour I went to the bathroom to try to clean up my face. When I was done I went back to my bedroom. I saw my handheld-mirror on my nightstand. I grabbed it and looked into it. I looked Straight into my own eyes.

"Why are acting like this. Even if you did like Jackson he would never fall for you. Your not his type. He wants girl who are popular and loves what he loves. Remember why he is hanging out with. All he wants is your help with his songs. When he is done with his songs he will be done with you. he will just treat you like he has all was treated you. Like a shadow. Besides, you not pretty enough for him." I told myself. I started to shed tears.

I just screamed, "He will never love you!" I threw the mirror to the ground and watched it shatter. I went on my knees and started to cry. As I was crying I kept repeating, "He will never love you." I kept saying it over and over because I knew it was true.