Chapter 5

*Author's POV*
Silent sobs can be heard from the living room that was empty.

The tidy bed she saw when she came back had already suggested that Kim Tan didn't even return home yesterday.

He wasn't there.

He doesn't know whether or not his Wife has returned home for the entire night.

He was too busy by his own, having the time of his life with some other girl that wasn't his Wife.

He was too engrossed in his own pleasure to even think about his Wife who waits for him almost every night unless she has night shifts in the hospital.

------

She sniffled, facing the mirror that reflected her puffy eyes and red nose from the crying she had done all morning.

What am I going to do now? She thought.

She turned on the faucet, water gushing out immediately. Using her hands, she splashed water onto her face.

It was a mistake, she convinced herself, I was too tired to see clearly who it was.

Just like that, she lied to herself.

Just like that, she thought the problem was solved.

Just like that, their relationship had finally started to tip even more over the edge.

Love isn't something we can control, neither is it something we can choose to create as and when we like.

Avoiding the problems in a relationship will eventually lead to something worse.

------

She packed a lunchbox, filled with Kim Tan's favorite side dishes. Taking the effort to create a heart on the bed of rice using sesame seeds.

It was just like the past, when they were in college, Eun Sang would make lunchboxes for Kim Tan with cheesy messages or just plain sweet hearts.

She rarely does it nowadays due to her job but today, she was determined to make one and send it personally to his office.

Eun Sang called the hospital and took the day off before she would return in the evening for her night shift.

Grabbing a set of utensils, she placed it in the bag with the lunchbox before she quickly headed to the bathroom to wash up.

------

*Eun Sang's POV*

I patted down my hair with my free hand, the other holding onto the bag containing Kim Tan's lunch.

"May I know where is Kim Tan's office?" I asked the receptionist sitting behind the front desk, gracing a smile on my lips.

"Do you have an appointment with him?" She questioned, eyeing me with uncertainty.

I shook my head, "No, but-" She cut me off.

"Then I'm afraid I can't tell you where his office is. You can only meet him if you have an appointment with him." She said almost rudely.

I raised a brow but quickly composed myself, "Well I guess I'll have to call your boss and tell him that his receptionist is not letting his wife in."

Her eyes widened for a moment, before realization hits her.

"W-wife?" She stuttered, seemingly to recall my face on the wedding photos printed all over the magazines when we announced our marriage.

"Miss Park Young Bi," I read off her name tag, "Could you tell me where his office is now?" My tone dropping slightly.

She gulped, "M-Mr Kim's currently in a meeting, it'll only end at 2."

I looked at the time on my watch, there was still 15 minutes left till 2, "I'll wait in his office then."

She nodded and led me towards the room located at the very end of the corridor.

"W-would you like any drink?" She asked, standing by the door with a guilty look.

I shook my head again.

She then bowed and left, leaving me alone in Tan's office.

There was a large desk where a leather chair sat behind it, on the desk was his computer and a bunch of files that he left aside.

I shifted the pile of mess neatly towards the side when a photograph dropped onto the ground.

My eyes watered at what I saw. I don't know what came over me when I placed it in the pocket of my coat.

I tilted my head towards the ceiling, wanting the tears to go back to where they came from.

I took out the lunchbox, setting the utensils next to it when I heard Kim Tan's voice outside the door.

"Sure, Mr Im, I'll see you next week."

He entered the room, and paused in his steps when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?"

I smiled, "I made lunch for you, I packed your favorite side dishes." I went on, opening the lid for him.

"Don't you have work?" He asked, walking towards me. "You don't have to do this next time, I can just get my secretary to buy lunch for me. No need for all this trouble."

"It's fine, I like doing this. It's what I can do as your wife when you're working." I handed him the utensils when he sat down, "Eat up."

I turned my wrist towards me, "I'll get to work now. I made some side dishes at home, just heat them up in the microwave before eating." I leaned in towards him, planting a kiss on his cheek before leaving.

------

It's a really short chapter but I'll try to update more
-Smiles: )