Chapter 17

*Eun Sang's POV*

"Eun Sang, where did you go? We were looking for you since you were gone for so long," Bo-Na asks worriedly, "Chan Young said Kim Tan is here too-"

"Ara (I know)," I replied, letting out a small sigh with an assuring smile, "I was at the rooftop with him earlier,"

She opened her mouth to speak again but I cut her off, "It's about time the bride and her groom head off to their honeymoon, isn't it? Chan Young's looking for you," I told her, Chan Young was at the opposite side of the room where I came in by.

Her eyes widened in realisation, "You're right! I need to find him!" She exclaims quickly and rushed off to the other side of the room.

Most of the guests were about to leave already.

I went towards the table where we were seated at, the two who I thought was there, were nowhere to be seen.

I grabbed the change of clothes I had and headed to change.

"Sunbae," I called out, going towards him from the ladies. He looked up at me, "Leaving already?" He referred to my change of outfit.

I nodded, "Where's Young Do?"

Hyo Shin looked around, "Not too sure, he said he had to go somewhere for awhile," He then looked behind me.

I turned to see Kim Tan who was waiting for me.

Hyo Shin frowned for a moment before he went towards Kim Tan, seemingly to whisper something to him. He then left after patting Kim Tan's shoulder.

"Shall we go?" Kim Tan asked, reaching out to hold my hand. I bobbed my head as a yes, hesitantly taking his hand as he led me outside.

———

"Did you drink earlier? If you did, I can drive instead," I said when we got near his car. It's been so long since I last took his car since we both had our own cars to take to work.

He shook his head, "I had to drive, didn't I?" He replies, opening the door for me.

I got in, strapping in the seatbelt when he got in from the driver's side. 

Silence was all that filled the car on the way back home.

My Father is alive.

Just then, the man from the other day flashed in my mind.

A light gasp left my lips, making Kim Tan look at me.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head, "Nothing..."

Why? What does he want? Why did Eomma say he was dead? What is going on?

I leaned back into the seat, not wanting to think about it as it made my head hurt.

There was still another problem. What I needed to tell Kim Tan, what I've wanted to but never got the chance.

"Kim Tan," I started, fiddling with my fingers before holding them firmly against the seat belt that rested against my chest.

He hummed a reply, eyes remaining on the road until he realised I wasn't speaking.

"I'm-" I hesitated. He stared at me concernedly, waiting for me to say what I wanted to. "I'm pregnant." I say out loud.

The car braked suddenly, lunging my body forward which was thrown back into the seat. I winced painfully, feeling slight pain shoot up my back.

He panicked next to me, "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" He placed a hand on my arm.