Chapter 6

*Eun Sang's POV*
I waited patiently for the elevator to take me to Kim Tan's office floor, carrying yet again another lunchbox along with my shoulder bag.

The routine have been going on for at least two weeks now. If I had day shifts, I'll have lunch with him in his office, if I were on a night shift, I'll leave his lunch on his table before heading to work.

Kim Tan didn't seem affected by it, and I felt that it seemed to improve our relationship a little by little.

Young Bi, greeted me the moment she saw me, informing me of whether Kim Tan is in his office or not.

I knocked on the wooden door to his office before twisting the handle.

Kim Tan was reading his papers, being busy as usual, "You're here," He mentioned.

I hummed a response, "I won't be home for dinner. Night shift." I explained briefly, placing his meal on the coffee table instead.

He removed his eyes from the documents and placed them on me, snaking his arm around my waist when I walked next to him.

"Night shift again? You've been doing that for three straight days."

"The hospital's understaffed, Doctors have to be there round the clock. I'm lucky to be able to just do a shift per day." I told him, placing a hand on his cheek. "I might take on full shifts soon, seeing how busy the hospital is getting."

He said nothing but led me over to the couch in his office. He picked up the spoon and dug in.

"How is it?" I asked, having prepared the side dishes with a new recipe.

He replied with a soft hum.

A small smile crept onto my lips, I adjusted the strap of the bag, "I'll be going off to work now, remember to drink the soup Eomma brings," I reminded him as I approached the door.

------
The moment I reached the hospital, I was whisked away straight into my office where I had reports and rounds to make waiting for me.

"Doctor Cha!"

I briskly made my way towards the busy emergency room.

*Author's POV*

"No, it's not about the money! We can afford it. Get back to me again when you have that," Bo-na hung up the call with the staff, huffing angrily when the elevator doors opened.

A lady in a distasteful red dress walked in with her extremely high black boots. Huge sparkly earrings shaped in a teardrop hung on each side of her earlobes. She had perfume sprayed heavily, the smell choking up Bo-na's nostrils.

She frowned and waved a hand, trying to muffle a cough.

The lady ignored Bo-na, her face displaying an arrogant look, pointing her nose high in the air as though she was some kind of dog sniffing its surroundings.

What business does she have here? Bo-na wondered.

The numbers on the panel turned, indicating the highest floor of the building where she was headed to.

"I'd like to know where is Kim Tan's office," She said to the woman at the reception table.

"Do you have an appointment?" The same receptionist who rejected Eun Sang before asked.

Bo-na nodded and gave her my name, waiting impatiently to get this done and over with.

She stalked down the corridor to the last office at the end, reaching into her handbag for a pink envelope with gold curvy fonts on it.

You're invited to our Wedding. It said.

"Yah, Kim Tan." Bo-na pushed open the door without knocking, causing the man behind the table to look up at her.

She walked right in and tossed the envelope nonchalantly onto his desk, "You're invited to my wedding with Chan Young. Don't you dare try to ruin my special day." She warned, obviously in the thoughts that Kim Tan still had lingering feelings for her.

Playing along, Kim Tan merely let out a smirk, "What if I do?"

Bo-na gasped, "You're married to Eun Sang! Oh my god, you can't," She bursted in English, "I'll tell Eun Sang on you," She sneered, trying to be threatening.

Kim Tan chuckled, "You were trying to make me jealous, yah, Lee Bo-na, it was you who liked me first back then,"

She stomped her feet, "I did not. I'm going to leave now and call Chan Young," The temper of a kid coming out from her.

The knock on the door came as Bo-na went towards it, the lady from earlier walking in.

Kim Tan visibly froze up when the lady winked at him, he threw cautious glances at Bo-na's back while she left.

Bo-na and Eun Sang had gotten so close now, it would be troublesome if Bo-na suspected anything.

Kim Tan let out a short breath of relief when Bo-na left without a word.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed at the lady, standing up to close the blinds on the sides of his office door.

She took steps away from him, swaying her hips from side to side as she did. "Just missing my dear Tan, is that wrong?" She slurred her words seductively, pushing aside the files on his desk to plant herself on it.

The lady rested her head on a hand, looking straight at him, "You haven't visited me in nights," She pouted.

Kim Tan frowned, "I told you I was going to end this," He pointed between them, "YoonA,"

YoonA got off the desk, cornering him to the sofa where he stare at her cautiously.

Her slender fingers trailed down his tie, tugging ever so slightly to loosen it, "Aren't you tired from all this work and your Wife?" She threw the tie across the room. "The perfect Wife is boring, why care about her when you can have me? The thrill of your life," She breathed in front of his face, placing her lips on his.

Kim Tan remained still, before finally reacting to her after a few minutes of coaxing from YoonA.