Chapter 19

*Author's POV*

It all seems too familiar, all in a bad way. The same rush to the hospital, the same hectic scene in the emergency room, the same anxious feeling he had felt before.

Young Do pushes his way through the nurses and patients who were in his way, running towards to operation room where Kim Tan, Kim Won and Hyo Shin who had been waiting for outside for awhile now. Hyo Shin being the first person Kim Tan contacted, the only person he could think of. Chan Young and Bo-na were on their honeymoon.

"How is she?" Young Do asked Hyo Shin who was leaning against the wall. He was the one that called Young Do.

Hyo Shin shook his head, "We're not sure yet."

On cue, a surgeon exits the operation room with a nurse following behind him with a clipboard, turning all attention towards him.

Kim Tan rushes to him, "How is my wife?" His eyes held a pleading look, hoping Eun Sang would be fine though deep in his mind, there was a voice saying quietly that something has already gone wrong. Nothing will be fine.

The surgeon shook his head, "The car impact had caused quite a bit of damage, she had lost a lot of blood. Unfortunately," He paused, a solemn look on his wrinkled face, "Due to the blood loss, it would be dangerous if we were to operate with the fetus in her body." His last few words echoed in Kim Tan's head. Every single repeat of those words, he felt something shatter within him.

"What do you mean, Doctor?" Kim Won frowned.

"Chances of the fetus surviving during the surgery is very slim. We need permission from the guardian to allow the surgery to carry on." He informs gravely. He takes the clipboard from the nurse and hands it to them, "The guardian of the patient will need to sign the consent form for us to begin, the sooner the better."

"Is there no way to keep them both?" Kim Won voiced the question that was in Kim Tan's mind.

The doctor shook his head. Young Do faced the wall, slamming his hand against the concrete with force. Kim Tan reaches for the pen, his eyes cold as ice as he signed it.

"Please save my Wife."

Those were the only words he could say. He sat on the chair, rubbing his hands over his face again and again. He didn't know what to think. What to say. All he could do, was to make sure his Wife was being saved.

Footsteps could be heard pattering towards the group of man, Mrs Kim's eyes were teary from worrying while Eun Sang's mother was moving ahead of her. She sees Kim Tan, shaking him vigorously as if to ask what happened.

Kim Tan kept his head down, squeezing his eyes tightly, unsure of how he would break the news.

Where's Eun Sang? She signed furiously, wanting answers right away. What happened?

"Eun Sang's inside," Kim Won answers hesitantly upon understanding what she was trying to convey. "Her car was hit by an oncoming truck at the cross junction." He explained, leaving out certain details of the accident. An oncoming truck had hit Eun Sang's car when she ran the red light upon speeding down the road. The car had flipped over on its back, glass windows shattered into bits and pieces, smoke was rising from the engine. The only good part about it was that the car hadn't exploded which made the situation just a tinge less hectic. But that didn't calm anyone down.

It was chaos. The sirens. The constant shouts from Kim Tan as he tried to get Eun Sang out, her face scrunched in pain when she regained slight consciousness. The scene was bloody.

Eun Sang's Mother's legs gave out slightly, hoping to know that her Daughter would be fine. Kim Won assisted her to the chair. "How is she? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" Mrs Kim questioned frantically.